Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ITV,must be banned from having serious sport

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I was watching it on Council TV at a friends BBQ, what a gaffe though!! The whole thing about ITV and BBC is that , by comparison with Sky, they are rubbish. Adrian Chiles is pretty good and has a sense of normality but the following are so so so poor:
-Clive Tyndesly (always trying for a soundbite they think it's all over moment)
-Gary Linekar (thinks he's funny but he isn't) Oh and having a 10 year old write his jokes doesn't help
-Alan Hanson (FUD!)
-Alan Shearer (as interesting as my underpants!)
-Jim Beglin (why?)

I saw the two games earlier today, which were total crap, whilst listening to Talksport. They are good by comparison and I recommend that as an option , even though sometimes the picture and sound topics are not synchronised.

Ban those bloody instruments and let's get some proper atmosphere.

I was at WC 2006 and nothing I have seen on the TV so far convinces me the South African one will be anywhere near as good. Hype it is but that is never a replacement for true fact.

TNBA

TTF

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
I watched the STVHD version which is still testing on satellite as it transmits at 1920 x 1080i instead of ITV1HD which like BBCHD is 1440 x 1080i and thought some jock clown had pressed the wrong button until I found out later it was a balls up by ITV. Probably the same guy who didn't overide the automatic ad break in the Liverpool v Everton cup game when they were in extra time.:lol:

Sorry?

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Well,when ITV have football i turn the sound down and listern on radio five just take the pictures. :)

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
That's what me and 15 other people sitting round our telly saw. NOT impressed.

The thing is this is the second time they have done it - it happened in the FA cup game. Once is a mistake, twice is just plain STUPID.

I saw it too... it is the third time I can remember ITV doing something similar in the last few years.

They did it during the formula one a couple of years back too - they cut to an advert break with just 2 1/2 laps to go, and Schumacher all over the back of Alonso. What followed was one of the most entertaining bits of racing in years... not that anyone would have known, because ITV cut to adverts only to return just in time to see the chequered flag waving.

What kind of muppets do they employ in their sports department...? I notice that they never f*** up when it comes to 'Britain's got the X factor, so get me out of here'.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
WD3598877@SPORT_RELIEF_CHIL.jpg
bennyhill_3_396x222.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here