Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's the little things that annoy you the most.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
carrier bags in supermarkets that won't open easily to put your shopping in (when the top of the bag is held together by some strange mystical force - you know what i mean.)

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
carrier bags in supermarkets that won't open easily to put your shopping in (when the top of the bag is held together by some strange mystical force - you know what i mean.)

That is SPOT ON!

Every time the girl at Sainsburys asks "Do you need help with packing?"

My usual reply is "No. So long as I can open the bags!"

They are a nightmare!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That is SPOT ON!

Every time the girl at Sainsburys asks "Do you need help with packing?"

My usual reply is "No. So long as I can open the bags!"

They are a nightmare!

I thought it was just me, I feel like whooping for joy IF I can actually open one without looking like a window licker trying to do it for a minute before I have to hand it to the checkoutgirl who does it instantly

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford

Its called Van der Waal forces
:bigwave::bigwave:

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
I thought it was just me, I feel like whooping for joy IF I can actually open one without looking like a window licker trying to do it for a minute before I have to hand it to the checkoutgirl who does it instantly

If you just pinch the middle of the bag and rub your fingers together then they open fine! What is wrong with you men!!!

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
People who have to have fecking pointless CONVERSATIONS in shops despite the size of the queues building up behind them.

So to the man in the Post Office this week who clearly thought he was God's Gift to Entertaining Repartee as he wittered on ENDLESSLY to the poor woman who had to serve him, here's what I say unto you:

I don't want to be in possession of the more personal details of your life. In particular, I am staggeringly uninteresting in learning, down to the last Great British Pound, the various quotes you received for moving your furniture to the new house you've bought in Seaford. Not that I needed to know where you were moving to. Neither do I want confirmation that "it's turned out nice again this afternoon". Because it's back out there, in the sunshine, that I'd rather be. Ideally before global warming causes the earth to catch fire. How many books of stamps do you think you need? I don't know. Neither does the Post Office clerk. So it might have been useful to do this simple calculation beforehand. But why worry? It'll probably be quicker if the rest of us in the queue that is now stretching out into the street offer to walk your letters to their destination. And finally, how fortunate you are that my terrier is so reliably trained. Otherwise I'd have sent him off to water your leg since it is clear that only desperate measures will ever stop your mindless verbal meanderings.

:censored:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
People who have to have fecking pointless CONVERSATIONS in shops despite the size of the queues building up behind them.

So to the man in the Post Office this week who clearly thought he was God's Gift to Entertaining Repartee as he wittered on ENDLESSLY to the poor woman who had to serve him, here's what I say unto you:

I don't want to be in possession of the more personal details of your life. In particular, I am staggeringly uninteresting in learning, down to the last Great British Pound, the various quotes you received for moving your furniture to the new house you've bought in Seaford. Not that I needed to know where you were moving to. Neither do I want confirmation that "it's turned out nice again this afternoon". Because it's back out there, in the sunshine, that I'd rather be. Ideally before global warming causes the earth to catch fire. How many books of stamps do you think you need? I don't know. Neither does the Post Office clerk. So it might have been useful to do this simple calculation beforehand. But why worry? It'll probably be quicker if the rest of us in the queue that is now stretching out into the street offer to walk your letters to their destination. And finally, how fortunate you are that my terrier is so reliably trained. Otherwise I'd have sent him off to water your leg since it is clear that only desperate measures will ever stop your mindless verbal meanderings.

:censored:

Top ranting, Roz. Good work.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
No, I did hot dog flavoured ones this morning, but it seems to have subsided now....

Pleased to hear that.

OK EVERYBODY YOU CAN ALL BREATHE IN NOW!

:)

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here