Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's the Brighton zombie walk

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
You can get a good idea of what somethings like by the people who are against it. So anti zombie walk camp = Hove Born Inbred And Man in the the tinfoil hat. Yep I guess it must be a great event then.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
All seems a bit wacky for my liking, but then again I find it very hard to see where HB&B is coming from with his suggestion that Brighton used to be some kind of quaint paradise inhabited only by friendly locals.

I remember what a total monstrosity Churchill Square was. Vast concrete sprawl, empty underground spaces, dark, sinister car parks and hideous Sixties architecture.

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I'll try and have a look later. I was dressed as a zombie golfer, resplendent with plus fours green sun visor and a full golf bag of clubs over my shoulder. Got bloody heavy after an hour and a half but was a real laugh.

I nearly spilt my coffee this morning when I looked, I'd completely forgotten and the first picture I was faced with on facebook was someone with a fork coming out of their head! :lol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No it wouldn't it would just be a nice place to live, like it has been for hundreds of years.

Given your proven total inability to correctly transcribe something you have seen with your own eyes (the Hull pitch invaders tussle with security) and the same for your ears (Gus said Elphick is ten days away from training eh?) and other fabrications you have made I cannot take anything you write seriously.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why were the plod filming the walk? Seems a bit, typically, over the top. Did anything happen? Are the plod now on the look out for a 6' male with an eye hanging out and a stake through his chest?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Went along along to have a look yesterday, I thought it was a great bit of fun. Good to see so many participating in it, quite fancy joining in myself if it's not a matchday.

D

Deleted User X18H

Given your proven total inability to correctly transcribe something you have seen with your own eyes (the Hull pitch invaders tussle with security) and the same for your ears (Gus said Elphick is ten days away from training eh?) and other fabrications you have made I cannot take anything you write seriously.

As I don't think I hae ever noticed you before, shall we say 'as if I care'

D

Deleted User X18H

I don't know why people think this behaviour and general appearances are exclusive to this event anyway. If you went to Edward Street or Portslade on giro day , you encounter much the same.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Its a bit of harmless fun but i really dont see the point of it. However if thats what people want to do then fine.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Personally I don't get this fixation the nation's youth seems to have with zombies, but this walk seems harmless enough. Just so long as it doesn't clash with the football I don't have a problem with it. I have long avoided going into town at weekends anyway.

It is another entry on the list of reasons our beloved city is just that bit more interesting than anywhere else. I bet the tourists love it

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Yes a bit of fun - but not for 4 young children in our car that got scared witless at the Clock Tower by a 'Zombie' who slammed his face against a car window shouting and gesticulating - and then (despite having seen the look of shock and horror on the children's faces) a minute later re-appeared at the front windscreen doing the same thing. Children almost in tears, very scared and upset - they pleaded with me to drive back home. Two children were visitors from Bedfordshire and had wanted to buy an XBox game from Churchill Square and get something from HMV. So back home we went. Yes great fun indeed.

That wasn't someone from the march that was Hove B & B out and about!

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Personally I don't get this fixation the nation's youth seems to have with zombies, but this walk seems harmless enough. Just so long as it doesn't clash with the football I don't have a problem with it. I have long avoided going into town at weekends anyway.

It is another entry on the list of reasons our beloved city is just that bit more interesting than anywhere else. I bet the tourists love it

I love the Zombie genre, but I'm hardly a youth I'm 38, but bless you anyway :)
Your right about the publicity for Brighton thing as it's now one of the biggest zombie walks in the world, with people coming over from the continent to do it. And judging by the Japanese and other foreign voices I heard through the groans the tourists definately love it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here