Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's the Brighton zombie walk

D

Deleted User X18H

I got caught up in this so annoying. All these people in peculiar clothes with strange markings on their faces, all limping and adopting weird walks as they make their way around Ditchling Road Hollingdean Road and Upper Hollingdean Lane. All making strange moaning noises as go as well. Really strange and inconvenient.

Last edited:

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
I ask a reasonable question and get accused of being a miserable fucker. f***ing mongs!

Mongbies!

Mate, my comment was meant to be lighthearted and not aimed at you but hove b and b. The walk today was amazing and the best yet. Lovely weather, more zombies than ever and so many people taking photos and enjoying it all.

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
Yes a bit of fun - but not for 4 young children in our car that got scared witless at the Clock Tower by a 'Zombie' who slammed his face against a car window shouting and gesticulating - and then (despite having seen the look of shock and horror on the children's faces) a minute later re-appeared at the front windscreen doing the same thing. Children almost in tears, very scared and upset - they pleaded with me to drive back home. Two children were visitors from Bedfordshire and had wanted to buy an XBox game from Churchill Square and get something from HMV. So back home we went. Yes great fun indeed.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Yes a bit of fun - but not for 4 young children in our car that got scared witless at the Clock Tower by a 'Zombie' who slammed his face against a car window shouting and gesticulating - and then (despite having seen the look of shock and horror on the children's faces) a minute later re-appeared at the front windscreen doing the same thing. Children almost in tears, very scared and upset - they pleaded with me to drive back home. Two children were visitors from Bedfordshire and had wanted to buy an XBox game from Churchill Square and get something from HMV. So back home we went. Yes great fun indeed.

Well what can I say, some arsehole spoilt your day and frightened the kids and I'm sorry for that, but it was great fun and warmly greeted by thousands who watched. Like watching the Albion, your in a crowd of enthusiastic and well natured Brighton fans and then you come across the idiots who want to cause trouble. Does that cause you to write off all Brighton or football fans.

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
No of course not - but it just highlights that idiots are everywhere (always in the minority) and they sully things for those unfortunate enough to be on the receiving end of their behaviour. Whether at The Albion or anywhere. Anyway tomorrow's another day.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
i went to / took part in this, for the first time.. a zombie virgin, you might say!

This must be one of the looniest events i've ever seen!

Caught at the tail end of the 'parade', I was amazed at the effort a lot of people had put into their outfit, and makeup effects.. i felt a bit underdressed, in a simple horror mask!

There was no (or i didnt hear!) any starting signal, so people seemed to just wander through town.. some were going for it a bit too much, methinks!

Very crowded, but good natured, it seemed to peter out by bottom of west street.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I got caught up in this so annoying. All these people in peculiar clothes with strange markings on their faces, all limping and adopting weird walks as they make their way around Ditchling Road Hollingdean Road and Upper Hollingdean Lane. All making strange moaning noises as go as well. Really strange and inconvenient.

This is either a wind up or you really are the biggest numpty on here.
We watched friends participating and raised money for charity and thoroughly enjoyed it.
I would despair to know someone as dull as you.

D

Deleted User X18H

This is either a wind up or you really are the biggest numpty on here.
We watched friends participating and raised money for charity and thoroughly enjoyed it.
I would despair to know someone as dull as you.

If you knew anything about Brighton 'anything at all' you would understand the fabulous ironic value of my statement.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
i went to / took part in this, for the first time.. a zombie virgin, you might say!

This must be one of the looniest events i've ever seen!

Caught at the tail end of the 'parade', I was amazed at the effort a lot of people had put into their outfit, and makeup effects.. i felt a bit underdressed, in a simple horror mask!

There was no (or i didnt hear!) any starting signal, so people seemed to just wander through town.. some were going for it a bit too much, methinks!

Very crowded, but good natured, it seemed to peter out by bottom of west street.

Some people do "go for it" with their fancy dress and acting in a big way, you could probably count me in that. Probably cos you were near the end it was a little less organised. But at the start there were clear sirens to tell people to stop and go as appropriate. And it certainly didn't just Peter out, it carries on to a massive after walk party at concord 2 on Madeira drive. Was my 3 3rd walk and the best yet.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Ah! We wondered what that was! We thought it was a Zombie Rights march to end discrimination against the undead, but it did look fun. I think it's brilliant that people get together to do stuff like that.

I pity anybody who genuinely got hurt amongst all that fake blood though, you'd be lying there with blood pumping from a real wound and every one would walk past and say "Hey, real flowing blood. Great effect!"

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
whats the obsession with Zombies at the moment?

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
i prefer the real zombie march......rush hours every weekday.

it looks like a laugh, but whats the point? its not as if the pretending to be zombies is near real - nobody gets eaten.
so, its just a fancy dress thing? zombies? ok, i think i get it - so many are giving up spare time to pretend to be like fictitious murdering dead people from movies?

what ever floats your boat.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Stand by for another massed Zombie invasion heading into town tomorrow if we get stuffed by West Ham...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here