Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's official : Paul Ince WILL be named BHA manager tomorrow.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Didn't Booker act as temp manager when Coppell left? I don't think he won a game then.

We were shitter than at any stage, until this season, I can remember during that tenure including a humilating thrashing at Brentford and a pathetic performance at Bournemouth. "Top of the League, you're having a laugh" being the standout chant aimed at us

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Both Booker and White have been great servants for this club for years, and deserve a shot at managing the team.
Thats the whole problem of the dynamic duo , they're set in their ways and want us to play like Wimbledon did in the 80's.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Personally I'd be inclined to save a few quid and let Dean and Bob see out the season.

Booker in particular has earned the right to have a shot at the Manager's job in my opinion.
And, they both have the respect of the players and the fans.

Bringing in a new manager may not actually be the right thing to do at the moment.

If that happens then we can start preparing for League 2 from now. As for them having the respect of the fans.... I certainly don't respect or rate either of them so it is not universal.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Ince is a COMPLETE WANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Universally hated by EVERYONE (that has been unfortunate enough to have met him) but himself.

It will be Knight's darkest hour if, and presumably when, he appoints this arrogant, odious little shit bag.

Having watched the Albion for over 30 years, I will not be attending another game if this turd is appointed.

Luckily, my absense will be short lived, becuase he is also a shit manager, and will be sacked before the start of next season.

I cannot believe that you are slagging off someone who may or may not become our new manager already. Firstly, he is not a shit manager. He kept up Macclesfield in his first job when they were miles adrift when he joined, took MK Dons up at the first attempt and was then harshly treated at Blackburn (so has something to prove). It is noticeable that Blackburn are still in the bottom three despite their "recent improvement". Whether his successes are down to him or his backroom staff is irrelevant as hopefully he can bring them with him.

What makes you say he is hated by everyone? He was presumably quite popular and able to motivate the MK Dons and Macclesfield players. Even if I am not impressed by the choice I certainly won't stop going whoever is appointed.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
To blame either of them for Adam's catastrophic errors is very unfair.

Micky made his own bed.

Both Booker and White have been great servants for this club for years, and deserve a shot at managing the team.

Ince would be the REAL disaster, he is a total dick head.

I disagree with that. I think they were a major part of the problem as one of the major issues this year seemed to be the coaching (which is presumably their area otherwise what do they do). Micky needed a decent coach on board and either decided to bring in Bob Booker or was told to. Either way I hope the new manager can bring their own staff and we have a bit of a clear out.

Personally, I think appointing Booker and White even for the season would be a terrible decision (although I will still support the team and go to games it will make relegation likely in my view).

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If that happens then we can start preparing for League 2 from now. As for them having the respect of the fans.... I certainly don't respect or rate either of them so it is not universal.
If DW and BB get to hold the reins until the end of the season we can at least look forward to going up as Champions next season.

Of League 2.:jester:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think we won 2-1 away at Huddersfield with Booker in charge?

Zamora scored a screamer and we even had the giant flag there!!!!

I think he's had a total of 3 spells in charge ( excluding this one) and did very well in the 1st two but was a disaster the last time?

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
People keep harping on about if we get Ince AND he's successful he will only end up leaving us for another club BUT surely this is the case with ANY new young manager, isn't it?

Personally I want the new boss to be incredibly successful, and if this means he gets snapped up by a bigger club later down the line, so be it. We can't realistically expect to hold on to exciting young talent, be they players or managers, whilst we are a League One side with a shithouse stadium.

Would people rather a new manager came in and simply steadied the ship, doing an average job which alerted nobody else?

I WANT an ambitious manager who dreams of bigger and better things and I don't care if that means we get used as a stepping stone because unless we hire someone who is Albion through and through, who's a bit older and less likely to be interesting other clubs we aren't going to be hiring someone who achieves great things but doesn't get tempted by more money at a bigger and better supported club.

Even Nigel Clough finally bit the bullet and jumped ship, despite saying he was always happy enough at Burton.

And look back at previous managers we've had. I don't begrudge Coppell for going to Reading, even if I do hate them, as he'd have been stupid not to take the opportunity of working with decent backing, a decent stadium and premiership set up. He did a good job with us, as did Micky first time round, and I didn't begrudge him his chance to work in the premiership either.

Peter Taylor is a bit different, and I never fully got the Brian Horton thing BUT then again who'd want to manage at Priestfield for any extended period of time?

Viva la young manager I say. Come in, do a sterling job, trot off to a bigger club... fine by me.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Whilst Ince is evidently in the running, do the stories re Gannon suggest that this isn't as much of a done deal as the thread title suggests?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Whilst Ince is evidently in the running, do the stories re Gannon suggest that this isn't as much of a done deal as the thread title suggests?

I think it suggests nobody really knows what is going on. I thought that White and Booker were put in charge for both Saturday and tomorrow so would be surprised if anything happens before then. Hopefully before the Crewe game at the weekend.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I think it suggests nobody really knows what is going on. I thought that White and Booker were put in charge for both Saturday and tomorrow so would be surprised if anything happens before then. Hopefully before the Crewe game at the weekend.

Mind you if PD really knows the truth then he will be able to state that the whole Jim Gannon story is a load of tosh....

(Awaits reply from PD......)

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Mind you if PD really knows the truth then he will be able to state that the whole Jim Gannon story is a load of tosh....

(Awaits reply from PD......)

As I said my source is very reliable, if it doesn't pull through I will be suprised. It will also be f***ing annoying because I will never live it down. I can honestly say I'm still certain Ince will be manager.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
As I said my source is very reliable, if it doesn't pull through I will be suprised. It will also be f***ing annoying because I will never live it down. I can honestly say I'm still certain Ince will be manager.

I hope your right.Do you actually know if the club have interviewed him or not?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Still certain he'll be named today? :p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here