Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's official : Paul Ince WILL be named BHA manager tomorrow.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
morning pondering: if Ray Mathias is the brains behind Paul Ince, why not just get him in on his own?

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
morning pondering: if Ray Mathias is the brains behind Paul Ince, why not just get him in on his own?

I was thinking the same, but came to the conclusion that the club havent asked for season ticket renewals yet, and they will be more likely to sell more because of a big name like Paul Ince. SOmeone people have heard of. More people would have heard of Ince than Matthias, so it could mean more season ticket sales, which is what the club desperatley needs.

Get both, and everyones a winner

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I was thinking the same, but came to the conclusion that the club havent asked for season ticket renewals yet, and they will be more likely to sell more because of a big name like Paul Ince. SOmeone people have heard of. More people would have heard of Ince than Matthias, so it could mean more season ticket sales, which is what the club desperatley needs.

Get both, and everyones a winner

You are suggesting that most Season ticket holders are morons who know nothing about football except big names and the club are stupid enough to pay a manager who would require a massive salary rather than the cheaper and better option, just to sell more season tickets even if Ince's contract would outweigh the extra season tickets sold ?

I think you need to go back to the drawing board with that theory :lol:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
You are suggesting that most Season ticket holders are morons who know nothing about football except big names and the club are stupid enough to pay a manager who would require a massive salary rather than the cheaper and better option, just to sell more season tickets even if Ince's contract would outweigh the extra season tickets sold ?

I think you need to go back to the drawing board with that theory :lol:

Most people that know enough about football that are Brighton fans are going to go and buy season tickets anyway. They always have and always will.

People have got depressed and are thinking about not going anymore. Putting someone in charge of a managerless club that very few people have never heard of wont bring people back.

Having a big name in charge will. Ince is as big as we could realistically get, Curbishley a step too far maybe?

Kids and under 21s get the cheapest season tickets, how many of them would have heard of Ray Matthias. How many would have heard of Paul Ince? I still think a big name will sell more season tickets, as opposed to a perfectly decent manager that few people would have heard of.

it may not the best decision, but one that would get bums on seats

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Ince is a COMPLETE WANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Universally hated by EVERYONE (that has been unfortunate enough to have met him) but himself.

It will be Knight's darkest hour if, and presumably when, he appoints this arrogant, odious little shit bag.

Having watched the Albion for over 30 years, I will not be attending another game if this turd is appointed.

Luckily, my absense will be short lived, becuase he is also a shit manager, and will be sacked before the start of next season.

petelucas

Jun 4, 2008
Ince is a COMPLETE WANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Universally hated by EVERYONE (that has been unfortunate enough to have met him) but himself.

It will be Knight's darkest hour if, and presumably when, he appoints this arrogant, odious little shit bag.

Having watched the Albion for over 30 years, I will not be attending another game if this turd is appointed.

Luckily, my absense will be short lived, becuase he is also a shit manager, and will be sacked before the start of next season.

From this can we conclude you're not too fond of him then?

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Ha ha!

Not my favourite football person of all time.

He's just a horrible little worm to be honest.

No personality, no charisma, nothing really.

I don't doubt his ability as a player, he was class, but as a person - well think you get the picture.

Now, Jim Gannon, he'd be a good signing.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Yeah right we cant afford him or his back room staff i dont think.

Personally I'd be inclined to save a few quid and let Dean and Bob see out the season.

Booker in particular has earned the right to have a shot at the Manager's job in my opinion.
And, they both have the respect of the players and the fans.

Bringing in a new manager may not actually be the right thing to do at the moment.

Rusco

Jul 8, 2003
Always Bringing Up The Rear
Personally I'd be inclined to save a few quid and let Dean and Bob see out the season.

Booker in particular has earned the right to have a shot at the Manager's job in my opinion.

Bringing in a new manager may not actually be the right thing to do at the moment.

This would be a disaster in my view.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
I don't know anyone who thinks either of these guys are here for their coaching/managing ability, rather than the fact that they have a 'history' at the club and are good mates with either Micky or Dick. If Micky has to go, then so do these two, once the caretaking duties are done with.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Are you serious?

They should have gone with MA as they are part of the failure for which M has taken full blame. If we go a goal down tomorrow or Saturday if they are still in charge they will get hounded by the fans

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

He wouldn't take it.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing

Didn't Booker act as temp manager when Coppell left? I don't think he won a game then.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
To blame either of them for Adam's catastrophic errors is very unfair.

Micky made his own bed.

Both Booker and White have been great servants for this club for years, and deserve a shot at managing the team.

Ince would be the REAL disaster, he is a total dick head.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
To blame either of them for Adam's catastrophic errors is very unfair.

No it isn't - as a manager you are only as good as your coaching staff - and that IS the truth

Both Booker and White have been great servants for this club for years, and deserve a shot at managing the team.

No they don't - it would be a disaster. White is part of the reason for the failure, and Booker has been here before and failed.

Ince would be the REAL disaster, he is a total dick head.

You aren't a closet West Ham fan as well by any chance are you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here