Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
As the late Frankie Howerd would have said,

Nay, nay, thrice nay

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I sincerely hope not. The man is arrogant, opinionated and very over-rated.
Simply not good enough.

and a lazy shit too.He gave up on his career when he joined Pompey and is only interested in a wage packet. Makes Winston Bogarde look like a saint

matt

Mar 19, 2007
I have always regarded him as a pretty decent player and would definitely take him over Vokes or Barn Door Billy.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Can't stand him, Don't want him BUT!... The irony is he would probably score goals and get us promoted

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Can't stand him, Don't want him BUT!... The irony is he would probably score goals and get us promoted

Exactly this. The thought of Vicente having to pass to Kitson doesn't get the juices going but if he gets us 15 - 20 goals then will have to put up with it.

Plus don't want ex-Pompey gold diggers around our Club. Can't see Kitson being a positive influence in our dressing room but then Charlie might bring him down to size.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I just can't see it not being Kitson.

Its well documented we were interested last year, but due to his demands at the time and a fee involved the deal would not happen.

Now he has settled with Pompey and without a club.......

Im pretty sure he will be our player anytime soon....

That's a nasty thing to say on a Monday mornning ....

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Had a look at a few forums and they all say same thing kitson , heskey , maynard , baldock , mccormack . Every team I looked at had supposed substance to the rumours . Anyone's guess . I reckon we will still get macclean much to the delight of hulls fans

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The player I would think would be unlikely but not out of the question entirely is Becchio. He seems to be settled at Leeds though. However, he is 28 now and if he wants a chance at the big time, he has got to grab it now.

But the bookies still think that Leeds are a better bet for promotion .....

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Good god no, horrible man only interested in his wage packet. Would be so underwhelmed if it were him, would prefer to go into the season with what we have now.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
We have our token ginger, it's the only reason for keeping Harley.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Kitson: played 355, scored 114 (league matches only). 6'3" tall (bit of a target?) Described by Tony Pullis as 'petulant'.

A 1 in 3 goal return ain't bad. I would be concerned with his discipline record though, particularly as gingers are known to be firey. Do we really need to add to last years team record?

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
Not sure why people dislike him, good goal scoring record, played at the highest level I believe. Is available on a free transfer. Bit like Peter crouch, every one assumes all he has is heading but surprisingly good with his feet.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
would be overwhelmingly underwhelming to be honest.
I guess he would be worth around10 goals a season in fairness and does offer the height we have been missing and he is a genuinely dirty player which we currently don't have. :(
Does anyone know what his assist ratio is like?

Also he seems to have been a bit of a sicknote of late. Certainly injured through all of this pre-season (reportedly). If we took someone from Pompey I would rather it was Liam Lawrence tbh although not at the salary he is (still) on there

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here