Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Its going to be Dave Kitson isnt it ?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Sign Kitson on a free, save the prospect of a transfer fee on someone like Carlton Cole, and then reduce the prices of food and drinks again. That's what everyone wants, isn't it?

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Surely we must have 4-5 millionish to spend, if TB's quote about similar budget is true? We must therefore be able to do better than him..

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
:down: I feel like, if this were QI, there'd be loud sirens sounding right about now.

#sarcasmfail on my part, I meant. Anyway, back to the thread topic, I hope that we are setting our sights a little more ambitiously than Kitson. I know he has a good few years of experience in the top two divisions, but I think he's past it. Maybe we're all getting a bit too snobbish?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
#sarcasmfail on my part, I meant. Anyway, back to the thread topic, I hope that we are setting our sights a little more ambitiously than Kitson. I know he has a good few years of experience in the top two divisions, but I think he's past it. Maybe we're all getting a bit too snobbish?

Silence oik!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Surely we must have 4-5 millionish to spend, if TB's quote about similar budget is true? We must therefore be able to do better than him..

I think we probably paid hefty signing on fees to Bruno, Koooooshak and Crofty perhaps, plus the added extra wages to eat into that budget.

Besides, you dont have to pay big fees to get quality in.... see the above names...

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Would rather have him than CMS, but would still rather we went for someone with a bit more class than Kitson. Would love Marvin Emnes

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Would rather have him than CMS, but would still rather we went for someone with a bit more class than Kitson. Would love Marvin Emnes

The point of signing another striker is to get the best out of CMS, rather than replace him. If there was someone like Kitson, Cole or Emnes to do a look of the physical stuff and hold the ball up, we might see CMS benefit massively.

Genuine question: would you actually be happy to see CMS score bucket-loads of goals, or do you take some delight in knocking him?

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Kitson is shit no decent Chairman would let there manager sign him, and Gus is not that stupid anyway

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
He has a very poor disciplinary record as well for a striker. Definitely would be very underwhelmed if he signed.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
The point of signing another striker is to get the best out of CMS, rather than replace him. If there was someone like Kitson, Cole or Emnes to do a look of the physical stuff and hold the ball up, we might see CMS benefit massively.

Genuine question: would you actually be happy to see CMS score bucket-loads of goals, or do you take some delight in knocking him?

Course i would love to see him scoring goals. I genuinely like the bloke, just doubt his footballing ability. I know people say we don't play to his strength's but i don't buy that. A top striker would adapt to the way we play. A top striker can control the ball and score goals. CMS can do neither of those things in the Championship. If Palace paid £3MILLION+ for him last season and he performed like he did we would be pissing our pants right now, but because he is ours some supporters still think he is the best thing since sliced bread. Like i said though, would love to be proved wrong

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here