Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Its going to be Dave Kitson isnt it ?

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Where's the nearest supermarket?

From Wiki:
"Born in Hitchin, Hertfordshire, Kitson played football for Cambridge United and Arlesey Town in the early years of his career. In his late teens Kitson gave up on football with his local club Hitchin Town after they failed to realise his potential, and concentrated on his day job at national supermarket chain Sainsburys, as a frozen food stacker."

Stack! A stack! A stack! A stack! A stack!

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
Not sure why people dislike him, good goal scoring record, played at the highest level I believe. Is available on a free transfer. Bit like Peter crouch, every one assumes all he has is heading but surprisingly good with his feet.

Good record?? He's only scored 20 goals in the last FOUR years ???

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
Strange how reputations change. I remember when he went to Stoke thinking it was a good signing for them. It turned out to be a disaster for them and for him.
He's 32 now. It's not beyond possibility that he could just have an outstanding 2012-13, rediscovering the form that made him such a hot property at Reading.
If Gus gets him let's hope he has a last hurrah at Brighton and Hove.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I wouldn't be surprised we do offer him a deal. The problem with the likes of Carlton Cole (IF he's a target) is that they will expect to start every game and I'm not sure Gus wants to start games like that.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
would be overwhelmingly underwhelming to be honest.
I guess he would be worth around10 goals a season in fairness and does offer the height we have been missing and he is a genuinely dirty player which we currently don't have. :(
Does anyone know what his assist ratio is like?

Also he seems to have been a bit of a sicknote of late. Certainly injured through all of this pre-season (reportedly). If we took someone from Pompey I would rather it was Liam Lawrence tbh although not at the salary he is (still) on there

I would just be whelmed.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Eurgh...

The definition of "underwhelming": Season long pursuit of top "big man" striker, only to reveal Dave Kitson on high wages.

Give me Can't Control Carlton Cole any day.

Indeed i would settle for the lesser of two evils. Aside from being a terribly average striker, Kitson is the miserable git who had a sense of humour bye pass when the Reading fans saluted his ginger hair unlike our old boy Sidwell who joined in the joke.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
No, no, no... he's lost it (was great at Reading), and is a tw@t...

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
If we did sign him, it would be a real moral dilemma. I don't like the idea of disliking one of your own players before he even kicks a ball for you, but this guy is such a monumental tosser (on the pitch, atleast) it would be very difficult to support him. I hope we don't sign him, but the more time drags on and other targets disappear over the horizon, this clumsy oaf but become a more viable option.

People might not agree with me, but I would rather Calvin Andrew back. There was deffinitely something about him. From the moment he threw a defender in the way of a cross to force an own goal which he then claimed as being his own, I knew we had a bit of a player there. Coach him properly, he might have something to offer. He's taller than Kitson, left footed, and probably stronger too. Plus he's never acted like a petulant little child in games against us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here