Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Its all starting to go horribly wrong for Reading !.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Mid table in the league after making the play offs last season and dumped out of the FA Cup at the first hurdle !.

Madge Jesky wants a play off play at least as Reading have delusions of Premiership football and as this ain't gonna happen surely a decent cup run was needed.

Mr Coppell what have you done you traitor !. Madge Jesky and the fans must be running out of patience !.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :dunce:

just_bhafc

Oct 14, 2003
Shoreham Beach
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
I know it's a small thing but I really hate football chairmen who name the new stadium after themselves. So it's brilliant to see Madjeski and Reynolds looking like prize plums at the moment.

Inkerman

Sep 3, 2003
Berkshire
Reading weren't very good last night. Didn't have any of the structure and organisation that SC bought to the Albion in the immediate post Hinshelwood days.

Reading supporters are getting fed up with SCs apparent lack of involvement - just standing in the dugout with his arms folded.

Michael Keane played for Preston - you may remember him playing for Grimsby in the last game of last season and his going down celebration after their second goal. He looked quite an adventerous player last night but again displayed that side of his character that winds up opposing fans - although last night in a more subtle way than at Grimsby.

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
Re: Re: Its all starting to go horribly wrong for Reading !.

Inkerman said:
Reading supporters are getting fed up with SCs apparent lack of involvement - just standing in the dugout with his arms folded.

We could have told them that.

Maybe they should get Barry Lloyd in instead.

Inkerman

Sep 3, 2003
Berkshire
Re: Re: Re: Its all starting to go horribly wrong for Reading !.

Sussex on Leith said:
We could have told them that.

I did. I also told them that Sidwell and Ingermarsson were good players and I was proven right about Siddy again last night.

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
I have to admit I did laugh when they got knocked out of the cup they looked woeful:lolol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Coppell's quoted on Ceefax today as saying:

'It was demoralising and we've got to do something and change things to get a victory very soon. I'm not going to handle the players differently - I don't get any pleasure from abusing the squad verbally. We will work out what went wrong and why.'

Bit of desperation creeping in there, sounds like :lol:

Inkerman

Sep 3, 2003
Berkshire
Tom Hark said:

Bit of desperation creeping in there, sounds like :lol:

There certainly was amongst the Reading fans. Sparodic booing at half time and I reckon that 10%+ had left by the time Reading scored their goal (6 mins from the end).

Re: Re: Re: Re: Its all starting to go horribly wrong for Reading !.

Inkerman said:
I did. I also told them that Sidwell and Ingermarsson were good players and I was proven right about Siddy again last night.

Ingimarsson was shit though, wasn't he!:nono:

Inkerman

Sep 3, 2003
Berkshire
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Its all starting to go horribly wrong for Reading !.

WhitleyDennis said:
Ingimarsson was shit though, wasn't he!:nono:

Not as bad as some of them - but you'll note that I carefully said l was proven right again last night only about Sidwell.

I don't think Ivan was that bad - both goals were down to individual mistakes, the first by Murty and for the second Marcus dropped the ball and then tangled with someone, was that Murty again?

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Work colleague says some woman ripped into coppells tactics last night in which im sure coppell enjoyed that.:lolol:
The fact is reading where due some bad luck and at last they are getting injurys.

Just bad timing and its all goner fall on V.Ds head.:lol:

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
We're always a team not up for the cup, but after bad performances in recent weeks you can see that it looks even worse.

Not all that bad though, to be honest. Sidwell and Forster are the two best players and have been injured for a couple of games now. Both will play Saturday against Forest. If Coppell picks my team then we'll cream this division. On our day we're far better than all bar about 2 or 3 teams in this league!

Last night was a bit of a non-entity and non-effort. We've had our big cup game this year that everyone wanted (Chelsea at home) so there's no need to focus on anything bar the league.

All we need is to keep away from injuries and focus on getting the "team ethic" going and we're absolutely sorted. We share a lot of resemblance to Wolves from last year. Shite until January with good players playing badly. Hopefully the rest is history.

By the way, Preston are quite good. My tip for the top two along with Norwich. Ricardo Fuller is different gravy.

Similar to yourselves, we've played appallingly yet are still up there. 4 points off the playoffs and I cannot believe we're even that close! Should be far further down...

Last edited:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Wilts said:
We're always a team not up for the cup, but after bad performances in recent weeks you can see that it looks even worse.

Not all that bad though, to be honest. Sidwell and Forster are the two best players and have been injured for a couple of games now. Both will play Saturday against Forest. If Coppell picks my team then we'll cream this division. On our day we're far better than all bar about 2 or 3 teams in this league!

Last night was a bit of a non-entity and non-effort. We've had our big cup game this year that everyone wanted (Chelsea at home) so there's no need to focus on anything bar the league.

All we need is to keep away from injuries and focus on getting the "team ethic" going and we're absolutely sorted. We share a lot of resemblance to Wolves from last year. Shite until January with good players playing badly. Hopefully the rest is history.

By the way, Preston are quite good. My tip for the top two along with Norwich. Ricardo Fuller is different gravy.

Similar to yourselves, we've played appallingly yet are still up there. 4 points off the playoffs and I cannot believe we're even that close! Should be far further down...

Hate to say it me old mucka* but good post, and I reckon you're right.

* that's what the well ard londo...sorry Readingite said to us at the cashpoint wasn't it ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here