Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Its all starting to go horribly wrong for Reading !.

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
dwayne said:
Hate to say it me old mucka* but good post, and I reckon you're right.

* that's what the well ard londo...sorry Readingite said to us at the cashpoint wasn't it ;)

He was definitely from Camberley. Only the Surrey massive can use mockneyisms in such a way!

I reckon Reading are looking far better now than 4 weeks ago, and so if we can emulate last year's Wolves, with no "team" until mid January (when they were 10th), then hey presto. Premiership here we come. Own goal against West Ham in the playoff final in the 120th minute. Scored by a rebound off Alan Pardew who wandered onto the pitch and deflected one of Jermaine Defoe's shots into his own net.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Now a West Ham Vs Reading playoff final I would like to see. Especially when Reading go up. The look on Pardew's face. Brilliant. :D

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Is Readings chairman Roy off coronation street?

Lord Cornwallis

Dust my pants
Jul 9, 2003
Across the pond
Premiership, you're avin a laugh, premiership, you're avin a laugh. :lolol:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It would be funny to see Reading in the Premiership. With that team, and only one reasonable striker in Forster, they could be the new Sunderland. Only letting more goals in, if that dodgy Hahnemann keeps playing the way I've seen him lately.

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Hahneman is a real weak link - he is one of the worst keepers in the league - they need to offload him and get somebody half decent.

What has happened to Dave Kitson - has he made the team yet?

Ingimarsson was dropped from the team a couple of games ago and has not been performing well.

Sidwell, the best player by a mile has been injured.

However, Coppell in my opinion deserves all the bad luck going and I hope they slip quietly into the lower reaches of the table. He's a traitor and Reading fans need to know we feel the same way about him as they do about Pardew and McGhee.

Albion Rob

RoyalAli said:
Hahneman is a real weak link - he is one of the worst keepers in the league - they need to offload him and get somebody half decent.

He is only a good keeper whn he has a solid defence behind him.
He's like Barthez, in that when his team are playing well, he's a top keeper, but when its down to him, he'll boob.

Kitson was cup tied, so has only come on as a sub in the only league game since we signed him.

Only a good keeper when he has a solid defence behind him?

Well I'm not f***ing surprised he is letting in so many goals then, where the f*** is he playing? Somewhere around the centre circle? :dunce: :jester: :lolol:

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Thimble Keegan said:
Personally I couldn't give a monkeys about Reading...An irrelevant club.

I'm actually passionately interested in how Reading do now.

Wilts said:
I reckon Reading are looking far better now than 4 weeks ago

Were you AT the game last night? I can't believe you could have posted that if you were!:nono:

We were gutless, clueless, an absolute shambles tactically. We were an embarrassment. Preston had over half their first team missing and they still pissed all over us!Half the players don't look as though they wan't to play for Coppell at the moment and he certainly isn't the sort manager who can scare the shit out of the non-triers and allegedly Premier League strikers (mentioning no names GOATER ).

Either Coppell starts looking and behaving like he wants the job or he goes. And now, before our season's finished.

Whitley D
Very pissed off

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
WhitleyDennis said:
Were you AT the game last night? I can't believe you could have posted that if you were!:nono:

We were gutless, clueless, an absolute shambles tactically. We were an embarrassment. Preston had over half their first team missing and they still pissed all over us!Half the players don't look as though they wan't to play for Coppell at the moment and he certainly isn't the sort manager who can scare the shit out of the non-triers and allegedly Premier League strikers (mentioning no names GOATER ).

Either Coppell starts looking and behaving like he wants the job or he goes. And now, before our season's finished.

Whitley D
Very pissed off

Miserable town, miserable club, miserable fans ,miserable manager and now miserable results

Made my day :clap: :clap:

Lush

Mods' Pet
WhitleyDennis said:

Whitley D
Very pissed off

But Coppell never looks and behaves like he wants anything. Even when we scored he barely raised an eyebrow.

Now this is OK if you have players and a team that show that they care passionately about winning - Cullip is a classic example but I think we have pretty good team spirit down here. If you don't then you're in trouble.....

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Thimble Keegan said:
Personally I couldn't give a monkeys about Reading...An irrelevant club.

I'll be honest, I think the feeling is mutual on the Reading side from about 99% of our fans towards Brighton.

Excellent, no rivalry then! :clap2:

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I don't often delight in someone's downfall, but in the case of Reading and Coppell I am going to make an exception.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
As far as Reading is concerend I hope they get relegated. 22,000 seater staduim and only get 10,000 and you've got to take into account that 2,000 are away fans just proves they have and always will be a nothing club.

Just a small village in Berkshire!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Not that I want to defend Reading, but they had 18,000 for their last game at home to Ipswich game , and I can remember crowds of less than 10,000 for the Albion when we were in the old first division (equivalent of the Prem). People in glass houses etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here