Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

its a joke the club have not brought in any strikers

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
BUT... we have a fantastic chance to be in the playoffs. Why risk blowing that chance when all we need to do is strengthen our striking options?

would agree with this and would cite the fact that TB is a gambler now is the time to play his cards or stack and give in for promotion/play offs

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
On the subject of the DS strikers, Poyet has missed another trick here. Last season he moaned about only having 5 subs, saying(his words) that it limited chances for the younger players to get experience. Yet since we have been back to seven subs, at no stage has he put youth on the bench, until the last few weeks, when we have been down to the bare bones. Surely with the seven subs, which Poyet wanted, there is always room for one on the bench, to come on for the last 15 mins, when we are in control of games???

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
BUT... we have a fantastic chance to be in the playoffs. Why risk blowing that chance when all we need to do is strengthen our striking options?

All we need to do? I can see why your initials are BW in your black and white world. I'm sure Bloom & Barber will click their fingers and strikers will come running to our doorstep.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
On the subject of the DS strikers, Poyet has missed another trick here. Last season he moaned about only having 5 subs, saying(his words) that it limited chances for the younger players to get experience. Yet since we have been back to seven subs, at no stage has he put youth on the bench, until the last few weeks, when we have been down to the bare bones. Surely with the seven subs, which Poyet wanted, there is always room for one on the bench, to come on for the last 15 mins, when we are in control of games???

Barker may get his chance tonight.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
In the short term I'd rather have Dobbie back - having played the last number of games for the scum he's at least match sharp and I'd rather have him as an option than helping them get a play off place. I know many people don't rate him, but he is still officially our player and in desperate times desperate measures are called for. At least he has play off experience and one of the reasons I reckon we never saw the best from him was that Gus never played him in more than a couple of games in a row. At least he has now been playing regularly so I would rather have him back as an option for the last 10 games.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
At that point 3 strikers would usually be enough for a side who play ONE up top.

I don't agree.

If you play one up top, you will pretty much definitely need at least one other on the bench.

You then only have one spare, and are gambling on suspensions and injuries too much.

If you insist on only having 4 strikers in the squad for the season, you really must replace any that get crocked like Hoskins as soon as the injury happens.

I think we need to sign 2 loan strikers now.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not if two of them are CMS and Barnes.

CMS could not score with a whore, and Barnes cannot be trusted to stay on a football pitch for 90 minutes. Hoskins was my hope for the goals we crave.

:lolol: Hoskins could have scored 4 vs Forest, but couldn't hit a barndoor. He's not one to put your faith in :lolol:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
It took 18 months to sign a striker.
We've had a total of 8 days (4 days remaining) to sign another one!

Buckley up front I reckon.

I'd go with that,i'm convinced he can play there,certain wingers (Gary Nelson & 32 goals in 1988 proves the theory beyond doubt) can,a lot depends what you want from a striker,adversity can force a managers hand sometimes into making that decision he thought could happen,but never really had the courage to try,or perhaps even considered.

It could work,but can Buckley play with Ulloa?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
It could work,but can Buckley play with Ulloa?

I think they would work really well. Ulloa as the big target man feeding the knock downs to Buckley. Both players are probably the most clinical finishers in the squad, so personally think it's a no brainer!
However, I'm not in charge unfortunately, probably best for everyone!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I don't agree.

If you play one up top, you will pretty much definitely need at least one other on the bench.

You then only have one spare, and are gambling on suspensions and injuries too much.

If you insist on only having 4 strikers in the squad for the season, you really must replace any that get crocked like Hoskins as soon as the injury happens.

I think we need to sign 2 loan strikers now.

sign 2 decent strikers and they are going to be happy to sit on bench? Or one who knows he will get a game when leo is rested....lets face it we are struggling to get one let alone 2

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I know he gets injured alot but maybe Owen? Seeing as Stoke won't be holding onto him he could be a valuable back-up for Ulloa and Co if he stays fit. He may not be what he was but as they say; form is temporary, class is permanent.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Orlandi
Dave
Vicente
Buckley
Ulloa

Which of the above can't score?
Bridge
Calderon
Hammond
Bruno

Which of the above can't score?

We don't need a loan striker, reminds me of the story of Diamonds in your own field. Look at what we have already, its in our own squad!

With 2 and half games now without a goal where are all these goal scores that you speak of ?

jackcgull

Feb 1, 2008
Amersham
I am going to assume you are not on a fishing trip.

He tripped or attempted to trip the ref with just a few seconds left, hardly fighting hard to save the game. Infact his childish petulance has made our quest for a playoff place even harder.

Ashley Barnes referee trip red card | Mail Online shows the video footage taken by a fan in the stand and some poor quality stills taken from the video, but you can still clearly see Barnes attempting to trip the ref.

I like Barnes I think he offers enough to our squad to warrant a place in the match day 16 but I feel this may be the final straw for him as far as Gus is concerned and he'll be shipping him out in the summer.

not fishing - and thanks for footage. though it isn't conclusive, all accounts suggest he did it. i was taken in by his appeals of innocence (which is why i am a lousy ref).

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Anyone else catch Aspinall say at the end of Player coverage 'they'll be someone in before Sunday..' ?

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
I think they would work really well. Ulloa as the big target man feeding the knock downs to Buckley. Both players are probably the most clinical finishers in the squad, so personally think it's a no brainer!
However, I'm not in charge unfortunately, probably best for everyone!

you were saying ??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here