Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

its a joke the club have not brought in any strikers

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
even with Barnes out of the equation, we still had only two fit strikers and no contingency plan.

How do you know that? Maybe we had someone lined up 'in case' and they moved a couple days before everything happened?

Maybe the team we had sounded out realised we were in the doodoo and quadrupled what they wanted to let our target go!

About 5 people will know what the situation is and doubt any of them are on NSC

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I am going to assume you are not on a fishing trip.

He tripped or attempted to trip the ref with just a few seconds left, hardly fighting hard to save the game. Infact his childish petulance has made our quest for a playoff place even harder.

Ashley Barnes referee trip red card | Mail Online shows the video footage taken by a fan in the stand and some poor quality stills taken from the video, but you can still clearly see Barnes attempting to trip the ref.

I like Barnes I think he offers enough to our squad to warrant a place in the match day 16 but I feel this may be the final straw for him as far as Gus is concerned and he'll be shipping him out in the summer.

I have now watched this video dozens of time and really for the life of me I cannot see Barnes clearly make a deliberate trip he walks across the back of the ref as the ref starts to trot forward and to make a clear case on that bit of film is ludicrous, now if the ref is saying that it was deliberate and has written that up and the evidence is on that piece of film then its a bit of a flimsy job ..but there has been speculation that he was sent off for foul and abusive language which would be right .but ask yourself this what caused that foul and abusive language in the first place.
the silence from the club until the FA make a deliberation says it all

playing devils advocate here, how would you feel if you were convicted on that video evidence?

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
I have now watched this video dozens of time and really for the life of me I cannot see Barnes clearly make a deliberate trip he walks across the back of the ref as the ref starts to trot forward and to make a clear case on that bit of film is ludicrous, now if the ref is saying that it was deliberate and has written that up and the evidence is on that piece of film then its a bit of a flimsy job ..but there has been speculation that he was sent off for foul and abusive language which would be right .but ask yourself this what caused that foul and abusive language in the first place.

playing devils advocate here, how would you feel if you were convicted on that video evidence?

I would not even contest it as it is pretty clear. What I find amazing is that the "Albion fan" who recorded as provided the only evidence to back up the referee, if he had not broadcast I really cannot see how there would be enough evidence to ban, not get the red overturned as surely they would have to give him the benefit of the doubt.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
DS striker would be a HUGE ask at this stage of the season with so much at stake. An experienced head is what is required.

As for Barnes. If I were in charge, he would be shown the door.

THIS (obviously only if Barnes is found guilty though).

I am sure if any of the DS were up to the task, Poyet would have played them already.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I would not even contest it as it is pretty clear. What I find amazing is that the "Albion fan" who recorded as provided the only evidence to back up the referee, if he had not broadcast I really cannot see how there would be enough evidence to ban, not get the red overturned as surely they would have to give him the benefit of the doubt.
Wrong club mate. Try here.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
THIS (obviously only if Barnes is found guilty though).

I am sure if any of the DS were up to the task, Poyet would have played them already.

Not necessarily. With CMS, Barnes and Hoskins ahead of the DS lads I don't find it that surprising they haven't been picked. That doesn't mean I think they can set the world on fire but we'll never know until we see them in action. From what I remember from last season Toby played pretty well when he got the chance

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Not necessarily. With CMS, Barnes and Hoskins ahead of the DS lads I don't find it that surprising they haven't been picked. That doesn't mean I think they can set the world on fire but we'll never know until we see them in action. From what I remember from last season Toby played pretty well when he got the chance

Well, given that Hoskins has been out for a few weeks, and CMS a couple (and failed to score before the injury), and that Barnes has been out suspened, I am sure they would have had at least a "run-out" from the bench if Poyet had any confidence.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

It was a Bolton fan who recorded it.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

The mobile phone footage was from the main stand where the home fans sit. It was a Bolton fan who recorded the incident and put it on YouTube :facepalm:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
not particularly cast iron evidence then
it does surprise me that there is no other film though?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Thanks, you learn something new everyday. I saw a post on here to someone who posted the video, along the lines that he recorded it. But I stand corrected.

We forgive you for having a [MENTION=20004]Glenn-Murray[/MENTION] moment :lol:

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Why is everyone so concerned. Poyet plays 1 alone upfront much of the time. We have 1 striker. And we could sign Ronaldo and he'd turn to shit in our team it seems. Besides Poyets track record with strikers is hardly encouraging so why worry whether he gets someone in or not? Result likely the same. Just play with what we've got at the club already and if its not up to the job then we've found out in time to let go from development squad this summer. That's if some don't get jailed before then that is.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We haven't signed a striker to play our style of play within FOUR days - Christ on a bike give it time, these things don't happen quickly.......

Measure it from when Hoskins was injured.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

I have also watched it over and again and still can't make my mind up, put it this way if it were two players involved nothing would have happened

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Also forgot to add can't see a striker coming in before Sunday unless a rocket is placed somewhere nasty to speed things up

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Why is everyone so concerned. Poyet plays 1 alone upfront much of the time. We have 1 striker. And we could sign Ronaldo and he'd turn to shit in our team it seems. Besides Poyets track record with strikers is hardly encouraging so why worry whether he gets someone in or not? Result likely the same. Just play with what we've got at the club already and if its not up to the job then we've found out in time to let go from development squad this summer. That's if some don't get jailed before then that is.

BUT... we have a fantastic chance to be in the playoffs. Why risk blowing that chance when all we need to do is strengthen our striking options?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here