Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It was Hoskins

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Would've been a fantastic signing. Fingers crossed he's already in the bag for the summer.

Question is if CMS is worth 'In excess of £3million' & Hoskins £900k how much would the going rate be for SuperGlenn?

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
agreed, £1,000,000 is a lot of money for a player who has previously struggled in the Championship. We should be able to get someone like Leroy Lita who has been scoring goals for a few years in the Championship

Madness. Leroy Lita is exactly the sort of forward Poyet dosen't want to see at the club. An athlete yes but technically pretty poor. Craig Davies is a good example of what dosen't work in our style of play. Hoskins from what I've seen looks to have a far more all-round ability. His goals against us were pretty decent by anyones standards, both individual efforts. I've actually wondered about him playing for us before this speculation appeared as I'm sure he would fit in superbly as he is a very good ball player too. A very good Championship player in the making.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As he has apparently been under our radar for some time could we have not offered them a striker on loan in order that he could have come to us. Over the last few months there has been a choice of a few not as good as him granted but better than what else they have..

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
Would sooner keep Bennett sign Hoskins and forget Lua Lua, he is a luxury that we do not need.

Lua Lua is a luxury we dont need especially when we're playing against 3 current Premiership teams next season. LuaLua is as essential as Bennett to the Albion. Against Notts County, we looked a bit clueless at times with a lack of invention and drive. These performances in the Champioship may not go so unpunished, this is where a 'luxury' is required.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Would sooner keep Bennett sign Hoskins and forget Lua Lua, he is a luxury that we do not need.

I'd forgot just how good LuaLua was until I watched the mid season DVD which arrived this week. He makes things happen from nothing, and is the fastest player I have ever seen. LuaLua is a unique talent, who I'd love to see firing us to the big league.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
surely for "close to" £1million we can get a striker that is proven at Championship level?

Exactly. Seems a lot of money for a player who's had one good season in League 1, and didnt set the world alight in the Championship.
I'm confident £1m would get us Simon Cox from West Brom, who hasn't cut it in the Premiership this season, and would have guaranteed (if it isn't already) us promotion to the Championship. He'd be my number one target this summer, as to me he's a championship player.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
1bq0z0vp187zv01q.jpg

shame his Mrs is a right SAWT!
1bqkn9e31c313ce.jpg

Bang tidy.
1bqmosfluu3ssolb.jpg

A great addition to gully's girls!

I thought Michelle Marsh was married to a Morecambe defender?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Exactly. Seems a lot of money for a player who's had one good season in League 1, and didnt set the world alight in the Championship.
I'm confident £1m would get us Simon Cox from West Brom, who hasn't cut it in the Premiership this season, and would have guaranteed (if it isn't already) us promotion to the Championship. He'd be my number one target this summer, as to me he's a championship player.

Cox's wages would be much much higher though. I can't believe people are moaning and targetting Hoskins! He was bloody brilliant when we played them at the Mem, he would suit our team really well, great feet, can play up top or wider as part of a three. He looked a class above in our game down their and I have doubts he could cut it at a higher level. Fantastic statement of intent, usually its Saints and Huddersfield making these sort of signings. It would be superb to get Hoskins in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here