Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It was Hoskins

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
To be fair last time Hoskins was in the championship he didn't set the division on fire and although he has had a terrific season questions remain whether he can make the step up to the championship also if Hoskins value is 900k I reckon an in contract Murray would probably be worth 500k on top of that at the moment. I really hope Murray signs a new contract as he would be massively expensive to replace.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I think he's looked a bloody handfulthis season. Would fit well on the front of our team working alongside Glenn. Not worried that we didn't get him but stunned by the statement of intent by Tony and Gus.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I'd like us to get Hoskins, It's not a signing I would be jumping off from great heights about though & if that fugure is correct then im shocked we would pay that much for a player just before the summer clamber for free's is about to start.

The 1 mill mark is what I expected us to pay for the Simon Cox's of this world, but then again what do i know about clubs prices for strikers.....it appeared in Jan we got a inkling that strikers were being way over-priced.

The free market is defo the way forward.

Hoskins - 500k
Kev Philips - free
Loan from Arsenal or Chelsea.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I think he's looked a bloody handfulthis season. Would fit well on the front of our team working alongside Glenn. Not worried that we didn't get him but stunned by the statement of intent by Tony and Gus.

And what a statement. This is going to be one hell of a summer.

Gutted we didn't get him but f*** it - I'm so positive about Albions future at the moment!

1bq0z0vp187zv01q.jpg

shame his Mrs is a right SAWT!
1bqkn9e31c313ce.jpg

Bang tidy.
1bqmosfluu3ssolb.jpg

A great addition to gully's girls!

Last edited:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
The difference between the 2 is wages though. Its all very wel saying 1mil can be spent better elsewhere but established champ players like Lita must be on wages of close to £20,000 i imagine Hoskins would be half of that. Thats over half a mil difference in one season of wages alone.

Spot on...wages is the issue i would guess

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
I love the way that people write off a player as he didn't do well at a different club.. Have you learnt nothing through seeing the transformation of players under different managers/teams etc.

Players can improve and just cos it doesn't work out at one club doesn't mean they're useless or never going to be good enough.

Hoskins is rated by the rovers fans, and also by gus and his army of scouts etc. So chances are he will be good enough for us.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I love the way that people write off a player as he didn't do well at a different club.. Have you learnt nothing through seeing the transformation of players under different managers/teams etc.

Players can improve and just cos it doesn't work out at one club doesn't mean they're useless or never going to be good enough.

Hoskins is rated by the rovers fans, and also by gus and his army of scouts etc. So chances are he will be good enough for us.

Steady there, how dare you post something sensible, it's against the NSC code ! Actually take Mr El Abd for example.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

spot on. Hoskins made a big jump up in class when he first went to Watford and it didn't work out for him with the result that his confidence suffered. He clearly has the ability, will be going back to the Championship a couple of years older and with plenty of self-belief, and working with our coaching team can only be to his benefit.

If we get him in the summer there is no doubt he will be an asset, especially as he can play a number of different ways across the front line.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I thought he looked very tricky and skillful against us (Rovers away). I hoped we'd try and sign him in the summer, it looks like Gus thought the same. He does offer something different to our other strikers, which is one of Gus's criteria on signing players, I can see this happening in the close season.

Oatway4England

Mar 17, 2011
Just because he didn't succeed in the Championship last time out doesn't mean hes not a better more prepared player to have a crack at it now.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
With all due respect - what a load of horsehit!

Hoskins has scored 18 goals this season in a SHIT pub team, against a backdrop of two managerial sackings, player unrest and personnal attacks on him from the fans.

Imagine what he'd do in a good team, at a settled club.

He was pretty rubbish for Watford in the Championship, he is only youngish but the jump between the two leagues is massive.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He was their stand out player by far at the Memorial Stadium this season, scored a couple of goals which he took really well, and I left with a very positive impression of him. 18 goals in a struggling team is the same number, in the same division, that Glenn Murray has scored in a successful one.

Not a criticism of Murray at all, I love the bloke. Just suggesting that Hoskins must be doing something right. I don't see Poyet as the type to sign up ageing big names like Kevin Phillips. I think his type is more the younger player who can still be moulded to an extent and learn to fit into the system.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here