Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It was Hoskins

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Bristol Rovers turned down offer because they could not sign replacement striker.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
We could have given them Holdroyd.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
We were too late it would seem. I wonder how late we were?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Pity but good demonstration of intent for next season. We're all but over the line anyway so not sure it's going to impact on outcome and it will be good to see what Sandaza can do Saturday ... I'm not convinced but it's a chance for him over 90 minutes. I got the sense he was mega unhappy (frustrated) during his interview yesterday and can see him preferring a drop down just to play

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
I thank you for my correct prediction. We will get him for 750k in the summer if Gus still wants him anyway.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Would be a good signing, think the lads got real potential. Caused Calderon no end of problems at their place.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Would have been a good signing.

Oh well. Just goes to show how over priced strikers are. Better make sure we get Murray tied down to a good contract ASAP.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Not convinced by Hoskins at all. Good player but doesn't strike me as the sort of player with a stomach for a fight. I think we've been spoilt by a winning team at a club on the rise, but at some point the chips will be down and we will need players prepared to work hard to get the team out of a hole.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
How does anybody even know it was Hoskins ?

Hoskins is a top player at League One level but I think we need much better if we're going to be playing in the Championship.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not convinced by Hoskins at all. Good player but doesn't strike me as the sort of player with a stomach for a fight. I think we've been spoilt by a winning team at a club on the rise, but at some point the chips will be down and we will need players prepared to work hard to get the team out of a hole.

With all due respect - what a load of horsehit!

Hoskins has scored 18 goals this season in a SHIT pub team, against a backdrop of two managerial sackings, player unrest and personnal attacks on him from the fans.

Imagine what he'd do in a good team, at a settled club.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I seem to recall that the last striker we got from Rovers did okay.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
With all due respect - what a load of horsehit!

Hoskins has scored 18 goals this season in a SHIT pub team, against a backdrop of two managerial sackings, player unrest and personnal attacks on him from the fans.

Imagine what he'd do in a good team, at a settled club.
I didn't say he was a shit player, I said he was a good player. But I'm not convinced he's the sort of player with a stomach for a fight. As you know, he arrived at Rovers on a free from Watford because he couldn't cut it in the championship.

Mind you, if Gus rates him who am I to argue?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here