Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

israel plunges to new low

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Albion Dan said:
All terrorists are Muslims was your statement, does that mean the Real IRA, who are still an organisation are not terrorists? If not what are they?

I am more concerned about the Surreal IRA, who like to make model aeroplanes out of fish

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
bhaexpress said:
The point about the Atomic Bomb is exactly as Algie says. The Japanese were prepared to fight to the last man (and woman and child) and if they had done so countless Allied servicemen and no doubt civilians would have died as a result. As it is people seem to forget that Japan attacked a lot of countries in pursuit of its own wealth. In so doing they also slaughtered many innocent civilians and quite often in a bestial way. Its rather hard to find much sympathy for a country that was responsible for the Rape of Nanking for nstance. Anybody who has met an ex Japanese POW (I have) would tend to feel the same.

However, another thing that has been overlooked is that in fact that conventional bombing of Japan caused more civilian deaths thanks to the Japanese having nothing in the way of air raid precautions and a whole lot of cities with mainly wooden buildings.

There was a justification for dropping the A bomb, it was because it was the only way of stopping the aggressors from killing even more of their enemies in a pointless waste of life as ultimately Japan would have lost anyway.

That is a matter of historic fact.

Thanks Frank.At least you know your history on it.It wasn't a nice thing to do,drop the bomb but it really was the only solution in the end and the right one

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Albion Dan said:
I wrote that on the basis of your statement. Nothing more, nothing less.

What you wrote was ugly and ignorant.

I've already spoken my piece about people like you and its affect on NSC, and infact I have copied your words of slander and will be finding an appropriate place to forward them.

These people voted for Hizbollah, and likewise for the Israeli government. They should have know that violence was inevitable and hence departed. I am neither ignorant or ugly, and do as I said feel sorrow for the innocent.

I have no time for your ignorance about social discussion and your pigheaded lack of debating skills.

Its a shame to think that the world suffers such lack of respect, and you fall foul of that on all counts.

Good day.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
algie said:
Are they still in active service then?

Does it matter, today they arent, not long ago they were, tomorrow maybe. Does a man who has set off bombs in London and murdered innocents stop becoming a terrorist because fo a ceacefire?

tedebear said:
These people voted for Hizbollah, and likewise for the Israeli government.

Just a factual point, the Lebanse people did not vote Hizbollah in as their government, I think they got 25% of the poll. The Lebanese government and the Hezbollah are two seperate things. Apparently that still doesn't stop Israel slaughtering many non-Hizbollah supporting Lebanese civilians. I would be intrigued to hear how you would either justify, rationalise or excuse that.

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
tedebear said:
I've already spoken my piece about people like you and its affect on NSC, and infact I have copied your words of slander and will be finding an appropriate place to forward them.

These people voted for Hizbollah, and likewise for the Israeli government. They should have know that violence was inevitable and hence departed. I am neither ignorant or ugly, and do as I said feel sorrow for the innocent.

I have no time for your ignorance about social discussion and your pigheaded lack of debating skills.

Its a shame to think that the world suffers such lack of respect, and you fall foul of that on all counts.

Good day.

Tedebear, please don't let opinionated people who have a scant grasp of history get to you.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Why some people have to result to insults defeats me. :nono:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
tedebear said:

Good day.

As has been said the Lebanese people DID NOT vote for Hezbollah so thank you for backing up the statement about your ignorance.

As for the bit about forwarding on my slander , get over yourself ffs.:lolol:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Also to add to that the view that innocent children should leave a country becasue the governing body support any cause whatsoever, or somehow deserve to be blown up by Israeli rockets is Ugly as sin imo.

I fail to even see what you are viewing as slanderous.

Maybe my comments touched a nerve, I hope they have and you consider your views before spouting them out in public.

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
But would you say it to her face?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
dougdeep said:

Didn't know she was female:eek:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
dougdeep said:

If she said this to me:

the people there should never have voted for their governments to take the actions they have...and if they didn't agree with their governments they should have got the hell out....

In a discussion about a village of women and children being blown to pieces, when the Lebanese government havent actually done anything, then yes I would 100%.

Those are ugly and ignorant views imo. And by thinking my saying that is slander is one hilariously disproportionate flounce!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I believe tedebear is female, think she may be an Aussie, so do battle with her at your peril.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: israel plunges to new low

London Irish said:
But if it did, you would give up after 40 years it seems? - because that is what you are asking the Palestinians and Lebanese to do.
The Celts still haven't forgiven the Anglo-Saxons

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The Great Cornholio said:
How much irony is there in this thread? A debate about a conflict caused by two side unwilling to concede that the other side has any valid arguments and which escalates from there turns into a messageboard equivalent

That's about the only sensible post on this thread, however why some people feel the need to get offensively personal with somebody who has a different view tends to belittle their own point of view.

Richard Whiteley

Sep 24, 2003
algie said:
Read your history then come back to me

what the f*** do you know? You come across as one of the thickest posters on here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here