Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Isn't it time for action in Lewes ?.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The headline artcile in the Argus today got me off to the worst possible start to the day.

It seems to me over the last 7 years , this club and its supporters have followed every rule possible, been polite and courteous and humurous and incredibly patient and tolerant.

Our opponants however have tried every possible trick in the book to delay this process and derail it completely. Low blow after low blow.

This latest trick by Cruella De Vecchi, her poodle Commin and Norman Barking Baker is the low blow that has broken the camels back for me.

I have no doubt in my mind whatsoever that LDC and their hangers on like Baker want Brighton & hove Albion to go bankrupt. Their agenda is to finish the football club. Even during the review by Prescott they pulled off several delaying tactics putting the whole thing back by a year and now this challenge will put at least a year on the plans again.

3 more years at Withdean, they are trying everything to break the back and spirit of the club and its fans. They will have cost us
£ 2 500 000 in 1 years lost revenue at Falmer so far.

It is no conincidence that the club was going in the right direction on and off the pitch in October and since LDC have announced the appeal, the bubble burst, confidence drained and the results have been shocking. It has had a terrible negative affect on the club and I BLAME LDC IF/WHEN WE GET RELEGATED. Their plan is working a treat and they must be very proud of themselves. Thank goodness we have such strong men as Knight, Perry and McGhee and also Samrah, South and Bassford, I salute you all.

Surely it is time name to turn the gas up. Surely it is time for A MASSIVE DEMONSTRATION THROUGH LEWES TOWN CENTRE to show our displeasure. We have written lots of letters but where has it got us. Even if we bring the town to a standstill for a few hours, we need to get a blow in. I AM FED UP OF SITTING ON MY HANDS. If we get 5000-10000 through the town centre with placards we need this profile on the National stage.

These guys are laughing at us.

What can be done

???

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I think it's a very good idea, we need to show these twats that not even the people they purport to represent support what they are doing.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Bombs.

Not quite but a massive show of strength outside their offices when they next meet up for their cosy closed shop meeting MUST BE DONE.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
If that could be done without pissing off the residents (the non-NIMBY ones) then yes, that could be an option. But it wouldn't be any more than a show of annoyance.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Do we stand idly by whilst our club is dying?

LDC are carrying out their wish. They are strangling the club that we all love. It really is time to fight fire with fire.

I dont have all the answers but it is time that we hit back. Maybe others could add things here that we could collectively do.

a) Firstly It really is time that we embarrased the Lib Dems nationally. Writing to Cruella will only give her satisfaction. To this end we should all write to Ming Campbell expressing our outrage.

b) We should aim to do something that will get this known nationally. Maybe banners and the like at home games and away games. Leaflets being handed out to all football fans that we are due to play against. Something along the lines of "LEWES LIB DEMS ARE KILLING OUR CLUB" or "LIB DEMS ARE ANTI FOOTBALL" Something like that.

c) The Lib Dems are having their conf in Brighton this Sept. I know we hope that it might all be over by then, but we must be prepared to get the same numbers of fans out to protest as we did at the Labour ones.

d). Maybe we should select days of the week when we ring the council offices over and over again. Each person has a time slot in which to ring the Council offices. At least that fux up their workings for the day.

e) Similarly we should all e-mail John Crawford Lewes CE, on a certain day/time. That may bring down his account. Maybe techies could help on this.

f) Anything else to stop the councils workings.

g) some kind of pre-planning for local elections next year.

h). And I'm so worried that we might do a Rotherham, that it is imperative that DK goes into details about our finances, so that we can as fans play our part to ensure that we are solvent.

i) Finally as fans, all of us that includes Ernest, 3 gulls etc must all stand together. Support this club like never before. Not carping on about McGee, DK or relegation etc . We really do have a common enemy.

I'm really serious. We need to act and now

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Its time for action. Crank it up.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Sometime you have to inconvenience the locals for a few hours to make a point. We cannot tolerate this anymore. IT IS TIME FOR ACTION.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Albion fans in the LD threaten to rent out their rooms to other Albion fans, becoming residents, so that there will be many more to vote them out come election time.

Boycott our county town.

Massive survey of the public in LD, and hope for a majority against the action.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I'm with Gareth on this one and said some of what he has on another thread.

Let's get organised and cause LDC as much pain as possible.

Boycott Forfars in a very public way too-let's not forget what an influence that snotty cow Cuttress has had on all of this.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Sorry, didn't see your thread, must have been to busy writing mine. Mods, can you merge them. Mine is "Do we stand idly by whilst our club is dying? ".

Btw, a massive demonstration is a brilliant idea. Name the day and I shall be there from Yorkshire.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Leafleting for the referendum was very successful. Why not 'roadblock' roads in and out of Lewes and do the same thing?

A concerted leafleting campaign with factual information about how LDC is destroying our club. I'd love to get involved in this and I think, providing we're not doing anything illegal, it would do some good.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Had a good session in the gym and got in my car in a bouyant mood. Quickly checked emails on my Blackberry and saw the news which brought me crashing back down to Earth.

I fully agree with the sentiment here. It is now time to make things as uncomfortable as possible for all connected with this scandalous delay.

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
The Large One said:
Whatever is to be done HAS to be driven by the people of the Lewes District Council area.

Why? Shouldnt we be showing that it affects more people than only those in their little world?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here