Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Isle of Wight Visible From Brighton?

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Can anyone settle an argument. We've just had our loft converted, and living in Hollingdean we're pretty high up at the back of Brighton, from where, on a clear day looking west, we can see land in the far distance running quite a way out to sea. It seems too far out to be Selsey Bill, and so must surely be the Isle of Wight?! Obviously this has been the cause of some concern in our household, the I.O.W. being in the heart of Portscum territory. Any ideas NSC?
100% you can. I used to live in a flat the top of Dyke Road and used to see it when the weather was right.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
100% you can. I used to live in a flat the top of Dyke Road and used to see it when the weather was right.
the complete IOW showing both the big hill behind Ventnor and the white cliffs north of Sandown (most people only capture the south bit) . Picture taken from top of bear road 13 years ago.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I used to know someone who was told 'see the Isle of Wight?' at the Devil's Dyke, looked at it, and said 'that's France, surely?'.

Then, we later found out she was brought up in Portsmouth, opposite the Isle of Wight. True story.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here