Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Isle of Wight Visible From Brighton?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I did go to the top of Wilson Avenue to take a look through the binos tonight. Too misty. Is that the place to see it ?
You'd be better off going to the old Roman Fort on the edge of Hollingbury Golf Course to see it - does require a clear day though.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Some extraordinarily careless chat by Timmy on this thread, helpfully ID'd in the replies (as his actual posts have been sanitized after he begged and threatened our dear leader to bleach him to save political embarrassment). Enjoy - and remember, this is what many tory politicians evolved from. When I say evolved.....
To save political embarrassment ? That went well :lol:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
From Warren Road. Isle of Wight on the left, Worthing Pier clearly visible on the right. Would love to know what’s between. Chichester? Dorset?
IMG_4691.jpeg

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
You can see the IoW from Seaford head. At least that’s what I believe. Used to think it must be Selsey Bill but the topography and lights suggest Wight. Happy to be corrected.

Anger

Jul 21, 2017
I drive up to Muswell Hill
I've even been to Selsey Bill

1717745457635.jpeg

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
For me, this is the most interesting post on the thread. I am a regular on the IoW (we are buying a flat in Ryde). Next time I'm in Bembridge on a clear day I am going to make a point of looking for the i360 beyond Selsey. I suspect that is actually the definitive answer as to whether or not the Island can be seen from Brighton.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
For me, this is the most interesting post on the thread. I am a regular on the IoW (we are buying a flat in Ryde). Next time I'm in Bembridge on a clear day I am going to make a point of looking for the i360 beyond Selsey. I suspect that is actually the definitive answer as to whether or not the Island can be seen from Brighton.
Looking on a map, I don't think you'd have a clear line of sight from Bembridge. Possibly depends where exactly you are.
In any case, I expect it's ridiculously hard to pick out something as thin as the i360 from that distance.

POSKETT AT THE VALLEY

Jan 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
Your best best is to go up to St Boniface/Wroxall down which is the highest point on the Island. I’m pretty sure Seaford Head is visible if not beyond on a clear day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here