Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is your Albion glass half full or half empty?

Is your Albion glass half full or half empty

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Been watching the Albion since 1974. We are currently in a position that is our highest at Christmas for 29 seasons and the seventh highest in the history of the club.

Anyone who is whining about it is a shortsighted deluded retard with a memory of a goldfish.

We have just had a complaint from a retarded shortsighted and very deluded goldfish about this post, he said...............Doh.......I can't remember what he said.........

(Oh and my glass is VERY full.......brilliant times for the Albion and all the supporters in my opinion :) )

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Been watching the Albion since 1974. We are currently in a position that is our highest at Christmas for 29 seasons and the seventh highest in the history of the club.

Anyone who is whining about it is a shortsighted deluded retard with a memory of a goldfish.

100% agree El Pres, I have been watching from 76, and this feels fantastic at the moment.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

Well I've been going since 1979, and this is right up there with as good as I've known it. The last time we were higher than this, I didn't really appreciate how above our average we were batting at the time. The years in between have taught me that lesson, and as a result, I'm fully appreciating it this time round.

Left Back

Jan 22, 2011
It was overflowing, so much so that at the begining of the season I was paddling. Ocassionally the level falls from the top a little, but one look at the stadium and it tops itself back up again.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Well I've been going since 1979, and this is right up there with as good as I've known it. The last time we were higher than this, I didn't really appreciate how above our average we were batting at the time. The years in between have taught me that lesson, and as a result, I'm fully appreciating it this time round.
And trust me we WILL be shit again. For clubs like us football is cyclical and there will come a time when we'll be scraping along at the bottom this division, playing shit football in front of sub-10000 home crowds (as the novelty of the Amex will have long worn off), and people will say "Remember 2011/12? What a season that was!"

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
And trust me we WILL be shit again. For clubs like us football is cyclical and there will come a time when we'll be scraping along at the bottom this division, playing shit football in front of sub-10000 home crowds (as the novelty of the Amex will have long worn off), and people will say "Remember 2011/12? What a season that was!"

EXACTLY.

Those who look back on these halcyon days and realises they didn't enjoy them to the full, they chose instead to moan and gripe that we weren't doing EVEN BETTER will sorely regret it.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

Full and over flowing.

Oh, and can we scrub out this "short Sighted deluded retard" nonsense. As someone who is short sighted, I take offence at the "deluded retard" bit. Myopias is a physical condition that can be easily overcome. Were I a shortsighted deluded retard with a memory of a goldfish I would be Glenn Murray

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

But we can stop the cyclical bit by gowing slowly on strong foundations. Football used to be cyclical but has stopped being so for clubs with sensible and sustainable growth plans.

When I started watching football Fulham were in the 4th division and getting beaten by clubs like torquay United.
Reading were a small time third division club
Wigan athletic were in some strainge Northern league
Portsmouth were in Divison Three
Manchester United were a"mid table mediocrity" underachieving big name, just out of the Second Divsion.
Arsenal were the same (aprt from the second division bit).
BHA were a nowhere team being ignored in Div 3 / 4
Now...........................................

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Been going since 1986 & in that time only once have we finished a season in a higher position than we currently sit (1991).

I've spent two thirds of my life following a mediocre team, mainly around the third & fourth divisions. Now I follow a slightly inconsistent upper mid table Championship side. Which still has potential to improve considerably once they work this level out.

Me? My glass overfloweth.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
But we can stop the cyclical bit by gowing slowly on strong foundations. Football used to be cyclical but has stopped being so for clubs with sensible and sustainable growth plans.

When I started watching football Fulham were in the 4th division and getting beaten by clubs like torquay United.
Reading were a small time third division club
Wigan athletic were in some strainge Northern league
Portsmouth were in Divison Three
Manchester United were a"mid table mediocrity" underachieving big name, just out of the Second Divsion.
Arsenal were the same (aprt from the second division bit).
BHA were a nowhere team being ignored in Div 3 / 4
Now...........................................
I agree to an extent. I hope the foundations we're now building mean that we'll NEVER again have to experience another 'Hereford' moment. Having said that my point still stands, it wouldn't take that much of a downswing for us to be at the bottom of this division, say in a couple of years' time if we don't kick on the way most people are expecting.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Were I a shortsighted deluded retard with a memory of a goldfish I would be Glenn Murray

No, you'd be the people on here who said, "don't worry, we'll find another player as good as Murray for around £1m". You'd be those retards.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'm trading in for one of these
20218_large.jpg

I still can't believe how far we have come

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here