Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Wilkins under-estimating how poor we actually were?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Wilkins is a talented coach that I beleive will end up a comparitively successful manager depending on the support he gets from within the club.

It is always the default shout to say he is likely to be an unsuccessful manager 'sack him now' because the stats show that all managers are likely only to survive 2 years max. anywhere.

Name me the last 'successful manager' at Brighton that has gone on to bigger and better things without getting the sack ?? hmmmmmmmm struggling.

I think we should support whole heartedly Wilkins and trust that every single thing he does is in the best interest of the club, genuinely.

And lets hope with a bit of luck we have a decent season with periods that we can all enjoy, with some real optimism for the coming few years. Ahmen ;-)

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Name me the last 'successful manager' at Brighton that has gone on to bigger and better things without getting the sack ?? hmmmmmmmm struggling.

Steve Coppell, and I hate to say it, - Peter Taylor.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Steve Coppell was not a success, he took us down

the best form we have had in the highest league since 1991, 6 points clear at the top when he left - that is a success in my book

just unfortunate we took the compensation money rather than the title he would of delivered us

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
As has been said so long as were in this league when we move to falmer then im happy. Without it we can never really hope of staying in the champ. Much happier being a good side in this league then move into falmer and onwards and upwards from there.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
As has been said so long as were in this league when we move to falmer then im happy. Without it we can never really hope of staying in the champ. Much happier being a good side in this league then move into falmer and onwards and upwards from there.

I've said the same but got shouted and sworn at for not having any ambition and people didn't want to renew their season tickets if the club had that attitude. :(

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
the best form we have had in the highest league since 1991, 6 points clear at the top when he left - that is a success in my book

just unfortunate we took the compensation money rather than the title he would of delivered us
So the title was in the bag then if Coppell stayed?.Besides i would much rather go up as play off winners then champions.More money for the club and a great day out

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
So the title was in the bag then if Coppell stayed?.Besides i would much rather go up as play off winners then champions.More money for the club and a great day out

Did you have a good holiday you racist swine ? Let them in the EU. Not likely.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Did you have a good holiday you racist swine ? Let them in the EU. Not likely.

Yea had a great time.I've always loved going to Turkey.Cheap as chips and a good laugh

gjh1971

May 7, 2007

You count relegation as a success? What low standards you have

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here