Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Wilkins under-estimating how poor we actually were?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
its odd byf and a common theme that when you debate something and are not insulting to anyone on NSC personal insults with eventually come up, but are we really suprised, we have been consistant in not rating Wilkins but its a game of opinions and it is very much one rule for Wilkins and one rule for McGhee

There will always be sad buggers who you can never please.

We could win our first 10 games (admitedly unlikely) and then lose 2 on the bounce and this place will be full of people claiming the manager is useless etc. etc.

For people to be now seriously suggesting managerial changes is either an effort at some weird (Ernest) type humour or just plain daft :thud::thud::thud:

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Disagree US and BYF but this is a board for opinions and we'll see how the season goes hey...

Agree about Cullip and Oatway etc but Charlies back and El - Abd is pretty strong...

Agree..

one thing we all want is a succesful season and some exciting matches especially at withdean.

2 players of quality in would make the big diffrence..without them..its a struggle

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth

We could win our first 10 games (admitedly unlikely) and then lose 2 on the bounce and this place will be full of people claiming the manager is useless etc. etc.

For people to be now seriously suggesting managerial changes is either an effort at some weird (Ernest) type humour or just plain daft :thud::thud::thud:

But lets look at it like this...the footbal club is a business..and if come october gates are below 5k and we are in the bottom 6/7..is that acceptable?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I love you Alan.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

12 wins 18 defeats in the league
two 5 match losing runs and a 6 match losing run

Yep very hard to understand

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
We could win our first 10 games (admitedly unlikely) and then lose 2 on the bounce and this place will be full of people claiming the manager is useless etc. etc

we had a decent start last season under mcghee - didnt stop the fact he was ousted after just 10 games

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
But lets look at it like this...the footbal club is a business..and if come october gates are below 5k and we are in the bottom 6/7..is that acceptable?

No it's not. If that is the case this season. DK has got to pull wendys tongue out the back of his trousers and boot him out the door. end of.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
This is a sad, sad day at TLO Towers - I agree with algae.

It's hard to imagine that Gubber and Wilkins are the same age isn't it?

isn't Wilkins younger than me Alan and he also has a larger penis.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
This is a sad, sad day at TLO Towers - I agree with algae.

It's hard to imagine that Gubber and Wilkins are the same age isn't it?

Get my user name right you fat fucker

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
quite an amazing play on word by TLO , he's been on robust form recently

Well I have no confidence in Wilkins. If we had our usual away form last season we would have gone down.

I haven't seen anything to convince me that he has the tactical nous and know how to take an below avaerage third division team and turn it into a championship quality side.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Well I have no confidence in Wilkins. If we had our usual away form last season we would have gone down.

I haven't seen anything to convince me that he has the tactical nous and know how to take an below avaerage third division team and turn it into a championship quality side.

Can anyone?

That's the point of a below average third division side, they play below averagely in the third division.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So the home form was BECAUSE of Wilkins, and the away form was DESPITE him?

Or do away wins not require any 'tactical nous'?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here