Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Wilkins going to get the McGhee treatment

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
assuming he is still here, if we are a mid table team by the end of September?

I reckon we will be and he will get shit from the stands because far too many fans have fecking unrealistic expectations.

Are YOU expecting any better than this season next year and will you accept mid table mediocrity without abusing the team and the manager???

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
I hope so. Mark was unfairly treated, so i hope wilkins gets like-wise if we are not performing. Can't believe he isn't getting grief at the moment with the crap we are being forced to watch.

Wilkins OUT :angry:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
No of course he wont because he will still be "learning his trade" however if he isn't performing he should get all the abuse McGhee got.

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
McGhoo was a fuckwit who lost the dressing room and was supposed to be experienced but could do nothing. He also said games were irrelevant despite supporters paying good money. DW is learning his trade and won't stand for performances like sat and laid into the team but didn't single anyone out as mcfuckwit would've done

E

enigma

bhafc4eva said:
I hope so. Mark was unfairly treated, so i hope wilkins gets like-wise if we are not performing. Can't believe he isn't getting grief at the moment with the crap we are being forced to watch.

Wilkins OUT :angry:

If you are being serious, you are a twat.

I didn't like the abuse McGhee was getting-on here and at Withdean. It wasn't clever and I'm convinced that the abuse he got contributed to the team's decline.

I'm not impressed with the crap we are being served up by Wilkins but I can't believe some people are in favour of giving him the same abuse McGhee got-now or in the future. What the hell is that going to achieve?

I have just listened again to the Norman Baker interview on the phone-in from 3 years ago-if you want to give anybody abuse, give that wanker (and DeVagi, Cuttress, Neighbour, et al.) all the abuse you can muster because ultimately Baker and his cronies on LDC and FPC are the root cause of our current woes.

Da Man Clay said:
Why? Just because his opinion differes from yours? I actually agree with him up until the Wilkins out bit.

Because he said Mark McGhee was harshly treated (implying that he didn't agree with it) and then says he wants it to happen to DW! Where's the sense in that? What makes it okay to happen to DW but not to MM?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
sten_super said:
Because he said Mark McGhee was harshly treated (implying that he didn't agree with it) and then says he wants it to happen to DW! Where's the sense in that? What makes it okay to happen to DW but not to MM?

Ah right, well I cant see why it should be one rule for one manager and a different rule for another. Now Dick Knight has blamed fan power for getting rid of McGhee if Wilkins performaces get worse than McGhees (which is fairly difficult!) then fans will give Wilkins the same treatment.

Last edited:

I don't know what some of you are even thinking about this for, like any BHA manager would get different treatment for th same shortfalls...why would they? The way their trousers are cut, the car they drive? Of course the manager is judged by the results, and the manner of them - and Wilkins has no immunity from the crowd, no more than Mickey Adams did, or Mark McGhee did.

The manager puts out HIS squad, and they display their interpretation of tactics, training, and personal talents within a teamwork. If they are poorly motivated, trained or positioned that will show on the field of play. If the team don't play as a unit, the manager should know how to make that happen, and to get the best out of his squad.

DW has, in my point of view, got a grasp of the who, and the how, of to deploy players. Where MM had gone to the end of a darkening alley with diminishing daylight, Wilkins is leading the club back to the highway.

If he has the strength to manage a group of personalities, and not be swayed - and has the flexibility not to get fixated on one style of football week in/out - then I think he'll do alright.

If not, then all managers must surely know 'the score' - it's the nature of the game, and unemployment is much easier to find than success.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
NMH said:
I don't know what some of you are even thinking about this for, like any BHA manager would get different treatment for th same shortfalls...why would they? The way their trousers are cut, the car they drive? Of course the manager is judged by the results, and the manner of them - and Wilkins has no immunity from the crowd, no more than Mickey Adams did, or Mark McGhee did.

The manager puts out HIS squad, and they display their interpretation of tactics, training, and personal talents within a teamwork. If they are poorly motivated, trained or positioned that will show on the field of play. If the team don't play as a unit, the manager should know how to make that happen, and to get the best out of his squad.

DW has, in my point of view, got a grasp of the who, and the how, of to deploy players. Where MM had gone to the end of a darkening alley with diminishing daylight, Wilkins is leading the club back to the highway.

If he has the strength to manage a group of personalities, and not be swayed - and has the flexibility not to get fixated on one style of football week in/out - then I think he'll do alright.

If not, then all managers must surely know 'the score' - it's the nature of the game, and unemployment is much easier to find than success.

Well said.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
NMH said:

Blimey, that's pretty much exactly what I was thinking, but put so much better than I was about to do.

:clap:

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Seagullible said:
McGhoo was a fuckwit who lost the dressing room and was supposed to be experienced but could do nothing. He also said games were irrelevant despite supporters paying good money. DW is learning his trade and won't stand for performances like sat and laid into the team but didn't single anyone out as mcfuckwit would've done

:clap: :clap:

Professor P

Oct 6, 2006
NMH said:

Pretty much what I would have said. Although I imagine I would have said it a bit better.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Nemesis said:
I didn't like the abuse McGhee was getting-on here and at Withdean. It wasn't clever and I'm convinced that the abuse he got contributed to the team's decline.

I'm not impressed with the crap we are being served up by Wilkins but I can't believe some people are in favour of giving him the same abuse McGhee got-now or in the future. What the hell is that going to achieve?

I have just listened again to the Norman Baker interview on the phone-in from 3 years ago-if you want to give anybody abuse, give that wanker (and DeVagi, Cuttress, Neighbour, et al.) all the abuse you can muster because ultimately Baker and his cronies on LDC and FPC are the root cause of our current woes.

I agree with you.

What I don't understand is some of you agreeing with NMH that Wilkins is leading the club back to the highway. We are 15th which is only one position different to when McGhee left. It is the lower half of the table (I expected about 12th or 11th) and the crowds at Withdean are reflecting this.
I wouldn't call that the highway.
I also think Wilkins is fixated on the diamond formation at the moment. He should have switched things around on Saturday against Huddersfield when Robinson was man marked out of the game by Worthington. His substitutes didn't make a difference.

I don't want to slate Wilkins but he doesn't inspire me either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here