Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is this justice?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Do you really wonder why people get annoyed with you?

I'm trying to be helpful, but let me put this in a more straightforward way for you;
If you post poorly-researched bullshit, expect abuse. Does that help?

Why abuse ? If someone has got something wrong, why abuse ? Surely a pointing out would suffice. If someone you worked with got something wrong I assume you would just immediately abuse them ? What a strange world we live in nowadays.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Sorry, I didn't realise this was court.

[MENTION=3697]sten_super[/MENTION] posted politely and without any attack against you and that's your reply. Please, for your own sake, ignore any "bullying" posts and reply to reasonable ones in a reasonable way. I fully expect some flippant response to this polite post.

Why abuse ? If someone has got something wrong, why abuse ? Surely a pointing out would suffice. If someone you worked with got something wrong I assume you would just immediately abuse them ? What a strange world we live in nowadays.

Of course it has, and as I put in my earlier post, I don't agree with the way some people have behaved towards Falmer. But he goes out of his way to antagonise people (myself included this morning) for no discernible reason, and the experiences of the last couple of weeks should be enough to illustrate to him that people are going to give him abuse for posting stupid stuff. It might not be right, but it's going to happen.

US, several times over the past few threads I've attempted to help Falmer in getting his point across, pointing out flaws in his arguments and what he should do to make them better, yet pretty much all I've had in return has been it thrown back in my face. I'd hope you can understand that this might make me a little frustrated.

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
[MENTION=3697]sten_super[/MENTION] posted politely and without any attack against you and that's your reply. Please, for your own sake, ignore any "bullying" posts and reply to reasonable ones in a reasonable way. I fully expect some flippant response to this polite post.

He is condoning bullying because a lack of information I give out!
My response was towards a paragraph of critism about me and my knowledge,
Anyway, Westdene, your no angel either so you of all people shouldn't be nit picking my errors.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Fair point but some people do not react in a rational way, through no fault of their own. Lets all just have a good day.

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
Of course it has, and as I put in my earlier post, I don't agree with the way some people have behaved towards Falmer. But he goes out of his way to antagonise people (myself included this morning) for no discernible reason, and the experiences of the last couple of weeks should be enough to illustrate to him that people are going to give him abuse for posting stupid stuff. It might not be right, but it's going to happen.

US, several times over the past few threads I've attempted to help Falmer in getting his point across, pointing out flaws in his arguments and what he should do to make them better, yet pretty much all I've had in return has been it thrown back in my face. I'd hope you can understand that this might make me a little frustrated.

So why do you need to be so personal and critical? I don't see how you condoning abuse towards me as being 'helpful'. Look just read what you've just typed, it looks very 'up your own arse' thinking you have this devine right to go around quoting people on what they SHOULD type. Look just be happy and try not to be so critical. I'm not after a fight.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think what has happened in reality here is Falmer did a perfectly acceptable thread and people saw it was him and came back with responses deliberately trying to wind him up and provoke a reaction. Falmer duly obliged and this gave them grist to the mill. Sensing a kill, the usual vultures started circling overhead to have a good nosey and when they saw the prey was weak and vulnerable started to swoop down to peck at the carcass. I think if everyone is true to themselves this is exactly what has happened.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
He is condoning bullying because a lack of information I give out!
My response was towards a paragraph of critism about me and my knowledge,
Anyway, Westdene, your no angel either so you of all people shouldn't be nit picking my errors.

I'm trying desperately to hold my tongue here ! He provided CONSTRUCTIVE criticism - that's what debating is about along with providing counter arguments. He didn't criticise you or your knowledge just the lack of information to back up your argument.

Agreed, I may not have been an "angel" and I apologise for that but please take the friendly advice on offer.

Last edited:

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
I think what has happened in reality here is Falmer did a perfectly acceptable thread and people saw it was him and came back with responses deliberately trying to wind him up and provoke a reaction. Falmer duly obliged and this gave them grist to the mill. Sensing a kill, the usual vultures started circling overhead to have a good nosey and when they saw the prey was weak and vulnerable started to swoop to peck at the carcass. I think if everyone is true to themselves this is exactly what has happened.

but little did they know, the whole thing was a nature documentary lol

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
I'm trying desperately to hold my tongue here ! He provided CONSTRUCTIVE criticism - that's what debating is about along with providing counter arguments. He didn't criticise you or your knowledge just the lack of information to back up your argument.

Agreed, I may not have been an "angel" and a apologise for that but please take the friendly advice on offer.

that's fair enough Westdene but my main point is why do you need to go on and on mentioning me? Westdene you have been one of the worst. Just read through your post and count how mant have been directed at me in a negative manner? read through sten supers post too. He defiantly hasn't spent his nsc time defending/helping me, far from it infact. I think since the bullying topic has arisen, he's trying to look like the innocent.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Best to accept the apology and move on Falmer. Just hope people consider their behaviour more in the future.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

read through sten supers post too. He defiantly hasn't spent his nsc time defending/helping me, far from it infact. I think since the bullying topic has arisen, he's trying to look like the innocent.

I'm out, and I'm sure the thread will be locked imminently, but can I just say I am genuinely shocked by this accusation. You will be going on my ignore list and I will not respond to anything else you post. All I have tried to do this morning is give some constructive criticism and you have managed to find that in some way offensive and started leveling accusations at me. I am out.

P.S. Sorry to everyone else for the poor attempt at the flounce. 2/10

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
I'm out, and I'm sure the thread will be locked imminently, but can I just say I am genuinely upset by this accusation. You will be going on my ignore list and I will not respond to anything else you post. All I have tried to do this morning is give some constructive criticism and you have managed to find that in some way offensive and started leveling accusations at me. I am out.

Wouldn't you just rather make peace? I'm happy to call peace!

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
I'm out, and I'm sure the thread will be locked imminently, but can I just say I am genuinely shocked by this accusation. You will be going on my ignore list and I will not respond to anything else you post. All I have tried to do this morning is give some constructive criticism and you have managed to find that in some way offensive and started leveling accusations at me. I am out.

Likewise, I'm out of here - I'm sure Falmer, US and Biscuit will have a smashing time discussing the points from the original post.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here