Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is this Donny fan right?

thoreveraviking

Jul 29, 2011
Republic of Yorkshire
The bloke is a tedious bore, just like you, haven't you got a whippet to race or a flat cap to doff ?

Fine I'll fook off and leave you to your wankfest then bha, in leaving I have to say what an enjoyable forum this has been. The whippet needs a piss and your one-liners are getting tedious (look back there's one after the other btw) .
Sorry nearly forgot to doff my cap to you bright Southerners, strange how some of your attitudes have changed recently , perhaps that's what success does for you.
That fella gave you an insight into the 'away' supporters experience without any sign of 'slagging off' and you slag him off , perhaps that proves my point. Get your head out of your arse, read the posts and advice of your more learned supporters on here and you might just might learn something .
Terraaaa the barsteward is pissing on the sawdust that passes for flooring in our northern caves. :ohmy:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Surely to know where a south, north, east or west stand is one should just carry a compass, you know, like all iphones have on them. And pretty much all mobiles have access to maps, those things which allow a person to sort of know where to go and in the modern age have a giant arrow saying YOU ARE HERE to work out one's next direction.
Booing somebody off on a stretcher is a strange nastiness. That's a sourness mostly attached to the immature.

DonnyFan82

Jul 27, 2011
Must say, having visited the Goldstone for the final game I was expecting alot more friendliness from your supporters. I was drinking in the town centre before the game, and Donny had the run of the place, and the few Brighton fans we come across were absolute arrogant arseholes.

The stadium is decent, and obviously far better than the Keepmoat. The atmosphere was shite for most part, apart from the odd chant when everyone joined in.

The booing of Sharp was disgusting.
The twat outside after the game was lucky not to have his head caved in. If the guys on our coach had managed to get off in time, he would have had a royal kick in.

I have to laugh at the mocking of the number of fans we brought. We were pissed around with our allocation and managed to bring 1600. Like someone has pointed out, many fans didn't make it because of absolute carnage on the M25.

If we had been allocated the full stand from the beginning we would have brought 2000+ easily, and probably would have sold out entirely.

As for the game, you were lucky to win. A draw would have been the right result. I fear now though that the Doncaster/brighton love in is over. I wouldn't expect any pleasantries on your return visit.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
biggest disappointment obviously the result and some Albion fans booing Sharp as he was being carried off, bit out of order that I felt as it was clear he had a nasty injury from his body language.

I agree with him about that. Bang out of order.

I'm not condoning the booing as Sharp was finally taken from the field of play, but prior to that I think most people were booing the ridiculous amount of time it took to get a stretcher on - & thus the player off - the pitch. Are the medics stationed up in one of the Corporate Lounges of something? ???

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
WHat is he talking about though, the atmosphere was electric in the second half

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I think that's what they were booing at. Around me, everyone was applauding him off.

Taxi

Jul 10, 2003
Littlehampton
I think the club may have shot themselves in the foot regarding the concourses for away fans and some fans will turn up expecting it to be like the reception area of a 5 star hotel! It is a football ground. There is only so much any club can do with concourses. The club are trying to get them to look as nice as they can for away fans. If away fans had no expectations of local ales or photos of legends, I'm sure they would all say how great it is. As they turn up with high expectations if it doesn't match these they seem disappointed.

With big attendances anywhere you expect to queue for the toilet. Has this fan been to Watford, now the concourses there are cramped!

Every away game I've been to I have taken directions of how to get to the ground like other fans have commented on. Perhaps on the club website we could have a basic guide for away fans which could be helpful especially with the limited parking at the Amex. Although this shouldn’t be too hard to find for away fans anyway.

Agree that the music was too loud.

Am also sorry to hear about the incident in the car park. There were some fans giving it large in the queue for the trains as well and didn’t like it when Donny fans spoke back. In the end Richard Hebbard had a word and they had no idea who he was. At times it almost felt embarrassing being a Brighton fan with some of the stupid comments these so called fans were coming out with and how we are supposedly a much bigger club than Donny. Let’s wait till the end of the season first before thinking like that.

Also I believe that every team in the Championship this season except Birmingham would have visited Withdean at least once including Doncaster. Whilst some of the criticisms could be valid, the new stadium is a million miles better, and in the words of Andy Naylor this and other Donny fans need to take a chill pill!

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
The people booing were not necessarily doing it at Sharp I think it must be pointed out. Some probably were, but then lots applauded. That has to be remembered. There was also a nice round of applause from Donny when Casper helped out one of their players with cramp.

At the KM, I'm sure all respectable Donny fans will be as warm in welcoming us as the respectable Brighton fans welcomed them. However, all sided have unpleasant fans. I'm sure Dunk won't be the most popular there though.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Mistley Essex
Now you are talking out of your arse.....

1) The allocation would have gone had you fookin allocated it properly and 'on time' in the first bloody place instead of 'dicking ' us about royally and
2) There were very few 'sitting on their hands' , you had nigh on 19,000 supporters well out of banter range giving it large for many spells in the game. If you had heard us over the music (at 900 decibels) and a home crowd being exhorted to sing and chant in their brand new stadium, then quite frankly you should have been really worried.
Stop 'dissin' our support, we aren't doing that to you ! We made the long trek and have nothing to be ashamed of, some of our coaches never even got to the ground ffs after 8 hours of travelling ! :annoyed::annoyed::annoyed:
Can't understand how your coaches never got there , as i drove down from North Lincs and only got delayed for 30mins in slow moving traffic just before the M23 turn off.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I was right near the south end of the east stand, and there were only around twenty Brighton supporters vocal compared a large proportion of the Doncaster crowd. It's a shame they weren't in the seats closer to the west.

Absolutely. I was going to say just this.

I am sat in the south end of the WSU and quite a few people around me were trying to get a bit of banter going with the Donny fans but they were all bunched up the east end. It would seem far more sensible to sell tickets for the away end, west side first. Both in terms of helping create an atmosphere and keeping the bad language or abuse away from the family stand

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Fine I'll fook off and leave you to your wankfest then bha, in leaving I have to say what an enjoyable forum this has been. The whippet needs a piss and your one-liners are getting tedious (look back there's one after the other btw) .
Sorry nearly forgot to doff my cap to you bright Southerners, strange how some of your attitudes have changed recently , perhaps that's what success does for you.
That fella gave you an insight into the 'away' supporters experience without any sign of 'slagging off' and you slag him off , perhaps that proves my point. Get your head out of your arse, read the posts and advice of your more learned supporters on here and you might just might learn something .
Terraaaa the barsteward is pissing on the sawdust that passes for flooring in our northern caves. :ohmy:

You were obviously tedious from the day you were born. You're a stereotypical whining northern buffoon who's come on here to stir shit for no reason other than you're an utter wanker. Don't come back.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Can't understand how your coaches never got there , as i drove down from North Lincs and only got delayed for 30mins in slow moving traffic just before the M23 turn off.

Too lazy to read a map and too stupid to use a Sat Nav. The fact that there were multiple warnings about the hold ups on the M25 from pretty much the time it happened overnight was obviously missed.

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
If you can't find Brighton Station from the centre of town then you are going to have problems. Unhelpful directions may have been given by one of the many pissed up non-locals that now litter our city centre. Apologises for that.

No doubt cute Northerners will ask me into their houses for a pie and bitter next March when I ask "excuse me my good man but where can I expect to find the Keepmoat this fine day".

P.S. - thanks for the three points.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Is he saying there was no atmosphere? :facepalm:

The volume of the music in the WSU was about right by the way; quieter than most grounds. Thought it was really stupid that they started playing "praise you" so soon at the end when everyone was still singing.

I think there may be some acoustics issues, because i have read all over the NSC in the last 24 hours that the noise was immense in the stadium,which i hope it was but i stood in the south east corner with several others (match day staff)
and have to say the noise does not travel to that area as for much of the game the noise level was no more than we had at The Withdean.
I assume its because it a open an area.
So although there is apparently a good noise from the North/west stands it does not get heard in the away end.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Sounds like a bitter old Yorkshire pudding pissed off that we've got a better new "arena" than theirs.

....Next

I don't think so. If he's taken the trouble to post something of that length I think we should use it as useful feedback.

It was the first real match there so bound to be some issues:

If the away consourse is too small that would be very disappointing so would be interested to hear more of this after other fans have visited. Wondered if the whole of the away end concourse was open because it can be locked off in the middle depending on size of away support? Would be good to see what Martin Perry makes of this.

The PA is too loud - easily fixed.

More signage needed at Brighton station and around the stadium. Again easily fixed.

Club colours etc in the away end...again have to ask Martin Perry the latest on this.

Sadly in a crowd of 20,000 you will always get a few idiots. If they can be identified then the club can take action against them. No right minded person wants to see trouble. Arrogance from Brighton fans is not what I want opposition fans to think of as the norm from us. Some people have short memories. Let's enjoy what we now have not shove it down the throats of others.

The stadium, and it is a stadium, not a ground in that sense, does have a modern European arena feel to it but that's one of the things I love about it. It feels like going to a German or Dutch stadium and of course is not fully finished yet.

A couple of minor observations of my own, as west stand upper STH, are: after the match ended, the match highlights needed to be played for longer. By the time I'd got a drink in the concourse they had finished showing the highlights. Might be an idea also to show clasic Albion highlights when everyone's had their fill of the day's best bits too?

The service was too slow but hopefully that will speed up sooner rather than later once the staff get used to levels of demand.

And whilst I was more than happy to stay behind and have a few drinks I think the transport may be/come an issue, especially for night games when people will need to get away much sooner than yesterday. There needs to be a lot more buses and trains. This will need to be looked at, particuarly as the club want to add another 8000 seats.

But it's very, very early days of course. We've played one league match there and the club deserve huge credit. It was a superb experience, one of the best ever as a Brighton fan. The flag waving musical sequence before the teams came out was simply stunning, brilliant, and ensured a great atmosphere from where I sit.

Overall, from the nice little touch of the text message welcoming you to the Amex, to Buckley's 98th minute winner, it was a magical day, one every Albion fan will cherish for the rest of our lives.

Last edited:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I fear now though that the Doncaster/brighton love in is over. I wouldn't expect any pleasantries on your return visit.

That's harsh given I've read a lot today and apart from the usual small minded oiks that you get on any forum most of the comments have been fairly balanced except for when provoked. The ref was more guilty than any in allowing this game to have it's moments of controversy and when you guys have been constructive most of the response has been constructive. Clearly though we are fiercely patriotic to our team and our history as you are to yours so the fact that there isn't universal agreement is hardly surprising and hardly a reason top mount a hate campaign or get pissed.

As for the wanchors from both sides of the fence - just ignore 'em

One more thing that should be considered is B&HA have been the butt of much abuse/ridicule for the last 14 years - at long last we've got something to crow about - like a kid that got the candy ... seems pretty obvious that some might want to large it a bit for a while

Oh and very final point big respect to the Donny fans for applauding through most of the pre match 4/5 minutes of flag waving

Last edited:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I think he is spot on ----- Falmer

Well it looks great when you finally get there (the problem was getting there). Nobody in the centre of Brighton had a clue how to get there by bus and we got told 5 different directions to the train station so that was also a problem. Ended up catching one bus and dropped off 20 minutes walk from the stadium. The layout near it is pretty poor. Nothing around and that's the big negative of it really. I also felt they need some signage around as we didn't have a clue where it was to be honest, we just followed two Brighton fans.

It looks impressive when you first get there from the outside. Doesn't really look like a stadium though, more like an arena or something. When you finally find the away end (no signage as to where that is, that is needed). First encounter is the concourse, didn't see much of this personalisation thing, one pretty average projected image hidden away at the side was it, no colour scheme or anything as was mentioned. The concourse was too small. 1500 Rovers fans in a 2500 end and it was fully open yet very cramped, surprised that wasn't bigger and the toilets were tiny, huge queues for them, also lacked a bookies. A steward told us there was to be one but they feel the concourse is a bit small and lacked food outlets so they replaced it with a pie stand. It didn't seem to cope well to be honest, thought it would have been bigger given it's new.

When you walk in the huge stand grabs your attention. It is mighty impressive it has to be said. The second thing you notice is the PA. I'm 23 and go to lots of gigs but it was too loud. Great sound system but I like talking to mates without having to shout pre match.

It's a bit weird though. It's built well and looks impressive with that big stand but it all just feels a bit too fake and manufactured, if anything it looks a bit odd. The odd thing is the end stands. They don't go even up to the side touchline and it all looks a bit odd. My biggest criticsm of the away end was the seating. Hugely comfortable and lots of room, that's a positive in some respects but then you also feel like you've too much room (I'm a fan of cramped in seating improving atmosphere, you feel a bit spread out). Biggest criticsm is the slope of the stand, it's far too shallow. I was on row O and was barely at crossbar level. The negative here is the view of the other end is average and it's quite tough to make out what's exactly going on with being so low down.

Have to say the build quality is impressive and it looks like a cross between Cardiff and Huddersfield in a way. But it just feels a bit more like an arena than a football ground. The flags looked fantastic though, I'm sure atmosphere will come, the chants of Albion sound good but there was no real banter between fans almost as if the fans to our right didn't understand a football crowd at times. Don't get me wrong it's a fantastic stadium but it doesn't have the feel of a football stadium if you get what I mean and the open corners etc give you this feeling that it's only half built. I can see probelms aswell at the away end with fans on the pitch, didn't seem to be much preventing you getting on the pitch. The pitch looked fantastic and the big screens are good too (though they could at least spell player's names correctly, two of ours spelt wrong and could do with showing yellow cards next to those booked). Being a bit picky there though.

It was a good day out, biggest disappointment obviously the result and some Albion fans booing Sharp as he was being carried off, bit out of order that I felt as it was clear he had a nasty injury from his body language. Also utterly bizarre some of the abuse we got at times around the ground. One guy had us in stitches saying he knew all about Doncaster and that our fans are a disgrace to football, how bizarre. There wasnt' much evidence of this fans relationship that always existed when we went to the Withdean, shame that. Also saw a bit of a set two in the coach park. A group of Brighton fans spat at an old man, bit out of order that especially as one of them had a young kid. The kid saved them as they did it right next to a group of older style blokes that to be honest didn't need encouragement for a scrap, had they not had the kid they'd have been in big trouble I think, bit out of order that. Have to say though in the town centre we met some real nice Brighton fans so it was a bit mixed, they seamt to have no idea how to get to the stadium either, but I'm sure that'll improve in time.

I'm not even going to mention the M25 though, some of our fans didn't even make it, talk about timing.

BruceArenaAP_468x385.jpg

???

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Amusing read, complaining about too much space ? Also, if you're going to a ground you've never been to before (in fact anywhere you've not been to before) most people with access to the internet (clearly this bloke has access) would look it up on one of the many travel sites that exist. So the ground looks fake and manufactured, sorry about that, next time we'll try and build something that looks scrappy and decrepit.

You have to wonder at some people don't you ?

I have massive sympathy if what I'm hearing about The old Man and child being spat on. There's CCTV everywhere so surely the culprits can be identified. I would like to think that I can visit any of this leagues grounds with my son and be afforded (at the very least) a tepid welcome. As for Billy Sharp, he's no shirker and when he goes down like that, you know he was in trouble.....Hopefully for you Donny Guys, he's back as soon as possible. For the duration of the game it was about the points but afterwards I'm disgusted if that incident took place, "the decent fans of this club of which are by far the majority will echo that comment" Hope you had a safe journey home. Please don't tar us all with the same brush. Good luck for your season !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here