Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there one artist/band you have seen and wished you hadn't bothered?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Bob Dylan / Cream / Gary Glitter / Jethro Tull / The Slits / Sex Pistols / Siouxie and the Bansees / Golden Earring / Genesis / Boomtown Rats.....waste of time, money and effort.
Beatles, Stones, Sabbath, Hendrix, Springsteen, Queen and Led Zep.....different class.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Although I absolutely love Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, I once went to see his previous band The Birthday Party, at Leeds Polytechnic (as it was then) sometime in the mid-1980s.

I left during the second number; they were an absolutely awful bloody racket, goading the audience - many of whom were aggressive punks (the wankers who gave punk a bad name) and chavvy rockabilly 'flat-tops' slam-dancing.

I'd gone with a mate, who was somewhere down the front, so rather than leave, I went and sat in the bar for the next hour, waiting impatiently for the gig to end.

I've also seen New Order a few times, and they were, let's say, unpredictable; on a good night, they were awesome (especially bassist Peter Hook), but on a bad night, they were absolutely bloody awful; rank amateurs!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Towers of London at the Concorde 2 , just an awful experience

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
The Twang at Brixton Academy. Manchester monkeys - they were all pissed. Utter unadulterated wank.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Barclay James Harvest at Wembley Arena.

Phil Collins at The Albert Hall

Again both cases of 'I've got a spare ticket.........', but in the case of Barclay James Harvest the person with the spare ticket never showed up ( remember Storer 68 ????? ). I ended up with a choice, either go home or buy a shit overpriced ticket from a tout. I did the latter, and frankly wished I'd gone home instead.......

In the case of Phil Collins I'm sure it was great for the fans but I was up in the gallery and all I could see was the top of the lighting rig.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Macy Gray at the Brighton Centre. I was dragged along by all the hype. It was so boring, even stoned.

Siouxsie and the Banshees, I saw them twice, I should have learned after the first time.
New Order really bad, really really bad.
The Who at Ashton Gate a couple of years age. Over priced exercise in money making, rubbish sound for most of the gig made worse when their sound man finally got it together for the last 10 minutes. Really disappointing. I won't get fooled again.
U2, they headlined an all dayer at Milton Keynes in the 80's, supported by Ramones and a few others. I hated them before and they didn't disappoint, utter wank.
BAD, The Paradiso Amsterdam. My own fault, had a massive whitey and ended up in a jellified mess.
But the worst I think has to be Lou Reed at Glastonbury in the 90's. I bloody love Velvet Underground and was really excited to finally be seeing the great grump live.
Was it the mullet ? Was it the middle aged man in leather trousers ? Was it the muscle man posturing? Was it the contempt that he clearly had for his audience ? Was it the self indulgent guitar noodling? Was it shit ? Yes it was.

emphyrian

May 25, 2004
Woodingdean
dragonforce about five years ago. Albums full of real lightning quick riffs and guitar trickery, but live missed 50% of the notes and were woeful. The support act Firewind were awesome tho, so not a total waste of money

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Van Morrison at the Dome about 25 years ago. Played for 45 mins in a totally lacklustre and bored manner and hardly acknowledged the audience. Having waited years to see one of my favourite musicians it was a massive disappointment too

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
The Twang at Brixton Academy. Manchester monkeys - they were all pissed. Utter unadulterated wank.

Think you must have been pissed if you thought they were from Manchester! The lead singer has probably the broadest brummie accent of anyone in popular music!

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
The Human League at the Dome December 1981, crap, Beach Hut was there a well so he can concur with this view.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Got given tickets to see The Damned at Worthing Assembly Halls in the late 90's (I think) and ut was absolutely atrocious. I never realised how tiny Dave Vanian was, either.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Squeeze at the Royal Albert Hall donkeys tears ago. Shouldn't have bothered but it was my own fault. They are not really my cup of tea and I went because a batch of friends were. Dreadful venue for a gig and it rubbed off on the band, who seemed completely disinterested and going through the motions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here