Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there one artist/band you have seen and wished you hadn't bothered?

For me Asia (in their early '80's "prime"), fortunately it was a "I've got a spare ticket, do you want to come" gig. They were musically perfect but dull, dull, dull. Their support was a juggler.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Smashing Pumpkins, the second time round. Billy wore a dress and played mostly stuff of their shocking new album.

I was also dragged to see Friendly Fires in London and they were proper shit.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Finlay Quaye. Absolutely stoned out his box. Spent most of the gig lying on his back smoking a massive spliff whilst his band played on.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Oasis at Milton Keynes Bowl, can't remember when.

Past their best, and the crowd seemed to be the biggest bunch of tossers going.

KLUNK

Mar 30, 2010
East Sussex
The Cure. Love their studio albums(80s in particular),but was SO disappointed when I saw them. Brighton,Head On The Door tour.

Band I wish I HAD seen were XTC. They stopped playing live roughly when I got into them,1981 :(

Last edited:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Oasis, I could have gone to Karaoke bar and had the same effect

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Here's a bit of a surprise I'd imagine.

Saw an early Suede performance, just after the release of The Drowners. Shockingly bad and most disappointing because I loved the single.

New Order again.

Got dragged along to that U2 Achtung Baby tour at Wembley. Quite like the Album, but hated seeing that nonsense live.

If ever they was a band that was rubbish but improved massively live it's The Manics.

Saw them very early on, an absolute car crash - but later (Brighton centre I think) one of the most accomplished live acts I've had the chance to see live.

I was also massively disappointed by Guns and Roses and I saw them a couple of times at their peak. Not a fan, but I'd gone to see a support act (The Cult) and somehow me and brother ended up the Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert :)

Load of bands I really really don't like but have to acknowledge that as a live act, they were quite superb. Didn't pay to go see them but went to a bigger concert / festival etc...

Lightening Seeds and particularly the Beautiful South. Really can't stand the later, but live it was a wall of sound.

Bit like Queen at Live Aid I guess. Even if you really really hated their music, you can't deny their ability to play live.

The only super cool band that I saw live that lived up to it were Nirvana. Awesome, absolutely awesome.

The last special band I think.

Last edited:

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
Mars Volta. Utterly self indulgent crap. Again, like a previous poster it was "I've got a spare ticket, do you want to come", and I had nothing better to do. Even my friend left and we went and got blotto.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here