Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there any men on here that like talking on the phone?

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
One day I asked him to back up the database. I told him log in to the server as root, and using mysqldump to back up the db, but he thought he knew better and decided to use PHPMyAdmin to export a 3gb database to a .csv file lol. He ended up locking all the tables which forced us to restart the apache, mysql to kill the process.

:lolol::lolol:...

:shrug:

Last edited:

superseagulls

Feb 2, 2009
this is a good one, I had right grief off an ex of mine cause I hated...hated talking on the phone - she of course took this the wrong way and thought it was to do with her and always used to get in a right mood with me. I ended up not bothering to answer the phone in the end.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I don't remember ever making a call "just for a chat" - without something specific in mind. I sit on the train every day listening to women calling their other halves, recanting every detail of their entire day and I just think, either a) When she gets home she won't ever speak to her partner or b) She'll go through it all again. I mean, why ???

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Phone sex with my girlfriend usually lasts 30 seconds but then she does always insist we do it twice.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I don't get women and talking in general, my new other half hates her job, but spends ages each day telling me why. When she asks me how mine went my answer is either 'Good', 'OK' or 'Shit', but the minute I walk out of the door I stop thinking about it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Talking on the phone is something you only do with a chick. Why would you ring a bloke for a chat? It's like picnics and drinking wine, something you only do with a girl.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
That is so annoying. Someone fits a poxy a graphics card and immediately they are a pc expert. Computers are just the worst. I used to admin quite a large website, it was getting around 50,000 - 70,000 page views a day. It was stressful as it was, but they employed some junior. He would keep coming to me and say you should doing x,y,z started doing my head in.

One day I asked him to back up the database. I told him log in to the server as root, and using mysqldump to back up the db, but he thought he knew better and decided to use PHPMyAdmin to export a 3gb database to a .csv file lol. He ended up locking all the tables which forced us to restart the apache, mysql to kill the process.

THe irony is that I pass calls like that onto our Second Line Support, however, they now know that I could do this myself but it's not my job. Seriously I had a bloke who called yestreday and every time he asked for me. He would not listen to my explanation about his predigament even though it was clear that he hadn't a clue. My line manager lost it completely with him ! On the other hand I speak to people from across the globe which can be highly amusing, rough with the smooth.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I've always had a bit of an irrational fear of talking on the phone. I've never been much of a talker unless I hold a particularly strong opinion on a subject and I have no idea how people manage to do small talk. What I hate is the fact that you have to keep the conversation going continuously, at least face to face it is perfectly acceptable to pause every now and again plus you can read people's facial expressions.

Oh and don't get me started on telephone interviews, they can do one.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

I suspect some people on this board have got a semi reading that.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
i hate talking on the phone too, waste of time.

when i do its straight to the point only to arrange meet times in the pub etc , which normally happens by text anyway.

i share a house and my landlord spends all night on the phone, what an old woman.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I don't live that close to my family anymore and it can often be several months before I get to see them. I phone them to chat all the time. It's important the people you care about know that you're thinking about them. Not bothered if it isn't cool.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
As I've said on a different NSC thread, I don't understand why young women today are always nattering on their phones all the time. Whether the're walking along the street, crossing the road, pushing a pram, queuing at a cash machine, stood at the bus stop, waiting on the platform for a train, doing their weekly shop in the supermarket, etc, they've got a barbie-pink mobile phone permanently held to their ear! Even on a girl's night out at the weekend, women spend far more time on their mobile than they do talking to each other. Yesterday morning on my train to work, the woman who sat opposite me was on her phone for the whole of the 50 minute journey - 7.00 in the morning, and the bimbo has to natter to one of her friends about absolutely nothing worthwhile or interesting for nearly an hour. Why, FFS?!!

I'd never dream of 'phoning a friend to have a chat on my mobile, yet many women now seem to spend every minute of the day babbling on ther mobiles! I really don't understand either the need or the mentality!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here