Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there any men on here that like talking on the phone?

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I don't remember ever making a call "just for a chat" - without something specific in mind. I sit on the train every day listening to women calling their other halves, recanting every detail of their entire day and I just think, either a) When she gets home she won't ever speak to her partner or b) She'll go through it all again. I mean, why ???

:lolol::thumbsup::lolol::thumbsup::lolol:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I don't dislike talking on the phone, but unnecessary calls irritate me.

In our house, if the telly's on and either phone goes, we have a rule that the phonist leaves the room to have their conversation.

People - alright, women - talking incessantly about nothing on the trains in a space you can't get away from should be gagged. The only saving grace is that my journey (London Road - Lewes and back) is a short one - I pity you poor bastards who commute to London every day with that racket hogging the background zuzz.

There's also a direct correlation between the vast amount of time spent on the phone with the banality of the subject matter. I would do something I wouldn't normally do at the feet of the genius who could invent a workable volume control that works on yappy women.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
One day I asked him to back up the database. I told him log in to the server as root, and using mysqldump to back up the db, but he thought he knew better and decided to use PHPMyAdmin to export a 3gb database to a .csv file lol. He ended up locking all the tables which forced us to restart the apache, mysql to kill the process.

That's quite an anecdote Adrian. Have you considered the after dinner circuit!! :clap2:

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
I haven't made a personal phone call THIS YEAR. Nothing to tell anyone that they don't know already by telling them to their face.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I feel pretty much the same about text messages made for the sake of texting.

I once worked with a idiot that had spent £440 on text messages in a month (it was before bundles and free texts). The saddest part of his tale was that all the texts were made from his car to his mates inside another car both parked in Teville Gate car park!

Now there was not even a woman involved in that so I'm guessing the texts were even sadder.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;4434206 said:
Make farmyard noises instead, she'll love it

me and my girlfriend do this all the time :moo: i have perfected the KAWKAW bird noise

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Thought I'd take a peek through this thread whislt stuck on a 45 minute conference call at work. Haven't spoken for 25 mins!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Its because women HAVE TO recount every nuance of their lives to ANYONE who will "listen".

Whereas blokes, like El Pres says will either have a good day, an ok day or a shit day.

Those days can usually be summed up in a few words like:

"I had a good day today my bet came in and I got laid".

"I had an ok day today left work an hour early and had a pot noodle and a nice wank"

"I had a shit day today not only did I have to work late but I sprained both my wrists so I couldnt even have a wank"

But for women about THREE hours later and they still wont have finished their "story"

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Its because women HAVE TO recount every nuance of their lives to ANYONE who will "listen".

Whereas blokes, like El Pres says will either have a good day, an ok day or a shit day.

"I had an ok day today left work an hour early and had a pot noodle and a nice wank"

"I had a shit day today not only did I have to work late but I sprained both my wrists so I couldnt even have a wank"

But for women about THREE hours later and they still wont have finished their "story"
THIS, and indeed, LIKE. :thumbsup:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

For me my day was either "alright", "ok" or "not too bad". Any deviation either either way can result in further probing from the person at the other end.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

... featuring every single f***ing aspect of a previous tedious, banal, inconsequential conversation, which is now being repeated in another tedious, banal, inconsequential conversation...

Example (turn volume up to 11 for maximum effect)

"It was so funny, I was on the phone to, like, Ryan - you know Craig's little bro. I was, like, 'Hi', and he was like 'Oh, Hi', and I went 'How are you and stuff?' and he was like 'Fine. You know. How are you?' and I was like 'Yeah, OK, I'm in a kinda relaxed vibe with bit of chillin', sort of thing and stuff. I'm going through a... I don't know... white wine kind of phase. D'ya know what I mean?'. And I am, ya know I'm really into this Chardonnay wine, cos I know it's a bit slaggy and stuff - but I've, like, just drinking it and it was OH MY GOD, like the best thing ever, like. D'ya know what I mean? Anyway Ryan is such a selfish blah blah guy - won't shut up, you know, like, can't get word in edgeways - yeah? D'ya know what I mean? So I was just 'yeah, yeah, yeah...' Did you see Bethany last night. OH MY GOD - what a slag. I mean what a slag... etc ad nauseum

... to a friend they're just about to get off the train and meet.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Phone calls ARE annoying but, i've experienced something much, much worse.

A few months back I was getting close to a member of the opposite sex (D-, decent bum, not much else).

One day, I'd gone for a walk and she was texting me the kind of boring shite that girls natter about.

As I was trying to get inside her undergarments I tried to take an intrest in her life, which resembled a discarded Eastenders plotline. Then without warning she rang me. I sighed heavily and answered. She hung up.

I then recieved a text. "Don't answer, I want to leave you a voicemail and then you can leave me one"

I'm still not sure why she couldn't have just told me how amazingly brilliant I was. I then spent the next 30 minutes having to wait for her to leave a message, so I could listen and ring her back.

Point-f***ing-less

:shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here