Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is the beer watered down, at the Amex?

TryingToServe

Oct 16, 2011
Brighton
As a Team Leader in a kiosk at the stadium, I can personally guarantee that no beer is watered down. All is delivered at most two days before each game, Harveys on the same day, and is kept in state of the art beer cellars, implementing full use of modern technology to deliver.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
As far as I know, there is no such thing as"watered down beer" poor quality is a possibility though!

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
I dont think its watered down, was yours poured fresh or was in a pre poured?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Also, pre pours only sit for a maximum of ten minutes to ensure it doesn't go flat. Harvey's is not pre-poured at all.

There was something very odd about the Fosters a few weeks ago. Flat with a creamy head - I presume something set wrong on the pumps ?

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
tbh mate i dont believe the ten min thing.

TryingToServe

Oct 16, 2011
Brighton
Of course, I can only speak for my own kiosk. These are the things that we are required to do by the job. Obviously, I can't say what's going on in other places. If you have any issues, talk to the Team Leader in your kiosk and they will be more than happy to help you.

Moonie

Jan 10, 2004
Also, pre pours only sit for a maximum of ten minutes to ensure it doesn't go flat. Harvey's is not pre-poured at all.

My harveys was pre-poured in the north stand yesterday! Still nice though. Less can be said about the pies. Did they not know it was a late kick off? Probably edible at 3pm! Had a steak / ale pie at every game so far, yesterdays was rank, overcooked, dry and more fat than meat, not like any other pie i have had at the amex. Never again.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

every Harvey's ive had from a kiosk has been pre-poured. not that this is an issue not like it can go warm or flat :lol:. but dont make stuff up as it only devalues whatever point you were trying to make. i mean how can you "guarantee" no beer has been watered down?

its plastic cups ther effect the mouth feel.

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull
As a Team Leader in a kiosk at the stadium, I can personally guarantee that no beer is watered down. All is delivered at most two days before each game, Harveys on the same day, and is kept in state of the art beer cellars, implementing full use of modern technology to deliver.

Bullshit...sometimes there are 30 plus lagers poured and sat on the counter... they will keep them until they are sold...if they are not sold in 10 mins will they pour them away?

Is there a 10 min timer? complete cow poo stop making things up

PLUS my pie was cold and hard yesterday....

and why have the cute serving girls started wearing stupid hairnets?

timsouch

Jul 15, 2011
the pie where all sold out before the match in the low west stand so had the burger it was very bad over cooked and hard also had bear and was total flat

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Bullshit...sometimes there are 30 plus lagers poured and sat on the counter... they will keep them until they are sold...if they are not sold in 10 mins will they pour them away?

Is there a 10 min timer? complete cow poo stop making things up

PLUS my pie was cold and hard yesterday....

and why have the cute serving girls started wearing stupid hairnets?

Calm yourself down son, it's much worse at the County Ground....

I thought the pie I had pre-Palace was the best pie I will ever have, it was literally straight in my hands after being boxed. The one yesterday was disappointing, in the East, but it's logistics and timing. Something must have gone wrong in the East yesterday, the kiosk next to entrance D. For a start, the black girl wasn't there, and she's served me every game so far. But the main point was the lack of stock in there, [MENTION=22115]TryingToServe[/MENTION], were food stocks lower yesterday? I've always been able to get a hotdog or a pie after the game aswell as before it, but I was told by the serving guy that I was lucky to be able to get a pie, it was about 5:20ish, but that still seems too early to be struggling for supply. In general though, no complaints about the kiosk I use in the East.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

So the 15 pints of pre-poured Harvey's in the East Stand after the final whistle sitting by the Harvey's keg was infact some other strange brown liquid? I dread to think what it was.

ada4bha

Jan 27, 2010
Had a poor Harveys in the 1901 Gold Mezzanine South a few weeks ago, was replaced immediately I complained by a very fresh pint. Perhaps the barrel was nearing an end. Should always go back and mention it, any decent supplier will replace it including football grounds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here