Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is the beer watered down, at the Amex?

My Harveys tasted good, certainly not watered down!

Ditto mine in the East Stand, unfortunately due to the queue it didn't touch the sides due to impending kick off! Burger not bad either. I don't recall any moans about the Harvey's at Withdean, in fact I don't recall any Harvey's there anyway!

'sladegull

fat boy fat
Aug 11, 2007
'slade
I had five pints of Harveys yesterday ....one with my pie which was superb from WSL north end counter and remainder from the various dedicated HArveys stands ....could not fault any of them ..........just lucky I guess:drink::clap:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Er, why would anyone try to dilute Harvey's again ?

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull
Calm yourself down son, it's much worse at the County Ground....

I thought the pie I had pre-Palace was the best pie I will ever have, it was literally straight in my hands after being boxed. The one yesterday was disappointing, in the East, but it's logistics and timing. Something must have gone wrong in the East yesterday, the kiosk next to entrance D. For a start, the black girl wasn't there, and she's served me every game so far. But the main point was the lack of stock in there, [MENTION=22115]TryingToServe[/MENTION], were food stocks lower yesterday? I've always been able to get a hotdog or a pie after the game aswell as before it, but I was told by the serving guy that I was lucky to be able to get a pie, it was about 5:20ish, but that still seems too early to be struggling for supply. In general though, no complaints about the kiosk I use in the East.

I dont buy anything at the COunty Ground and I only go on a free ticket!!

Hey you cant say Black girl.....thats so rascist....naughty boy....

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Had a poor Harveys in the 1901 Gold Mezzanine South a few weeks ago, was replaced immediately I complained by a very fresh pint. Perhaps the barrel was nearing an end. Should always go back and mention it, any decent supplier will replace it including football grounds.

It's bright beer, it doesn't make any difference if it's near the end of the barrel.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Harvey's was spot on as was the Steak & Ale pie.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Beer has always been fine for me. And TBH I just love that we can have beer at our home games! At only 22 I'd never had a beer at a home ground.

bobby smith

Jan 20, 2011
WORTHING
Had a decidedly weak pint of cider, in East stand 'refreshment' area.. aka the concourse scrum..

If you are gonna charge over the top, at last give us the proper stuff!

P.S.- and maybe some more shelves, to hold our steaming hot pies?!

It is against the Licensing Law to sell alcohol under the stated strength on show

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
As a Team Leader in a kiosk at the stadium, I can personally guarantee that no beer is watered down. All is delivered at most two days before each game, Harveys on the same day, and is kept in state of the art beer cellars, implementing full use of modern technology to deliver.

Well you need to sort something out then because the beer was rank saturday. Tasted watered down to me and everyone else around me. Piss take for the price

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
No Harveys on tap in 1901 which has pi**ed me off.

Are you sure? I had a couple in the Profile Lounge on Saturday, from the Pin rather than on a hand pump, but what's the difference? It's bright beer, it's all the same, personally I've always prefered gravity fed ale to handpumped anyway.

The Original

Jan 25, 2010
50.83295°N 0.26815°W
Well you need to sort something out then because the beer was rank saturday. Tasted watered down to me and everyone else around me. Piss take for the price

Absolutely agree. 3 pints (Fosters) in the WSL on Saturday, 3 different kiosks, all flat and suspiciously weak. Putting it down to a bad batch as not been this poor before. The pre-match pint of Bombardier in the Hikers was spot on though!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here