Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is The Amex Intimidating?

daveybgtt

May 12, 2010
North Sompting
All the wrong people got the tickets. We were going to get tickets on the saturday, as we were at home, however they sold out in 6 hours on the Friday. That was 50+ all of which are very vocal. There were countless more that didn't get tickets who should have done. Far too many families and JCL's getting tickets.

Shut up you muggy twat, no-one gives two fucks.

Hope we don't continue banning our more passionate fans, or our atmosphere will turn to shit.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
no ground is intimidating anymore compared with the 70's

millwall & spurs in particular

even palace back in the 70's was no walk in the park

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I thought the Palace game the atmosphere was not as good as expected but then they did give us a pasting didnt they! As for Southampton i thought when Lambert got sent off the atmosphere was good up to our first goal then we seemed to relax a bit and expected to score more. The Saints fans were very quiet appart from a couple of " When the Saints" in slomo which did sound loud............................now the Leeds game, fantastic away support that may not be bettered and we were loud too. It was a very good game though.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Until their agricultural (I'm guessing here sorry if I'm wrong!) style results in an injury to one of our better players. There will be a love in pre-kick off, I doubt it will last the game.

It'll be a love in before the game and will applaud their attendance but other than that we'll want to win so will try and generate a good intimidating noice.

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
Thought it was a complete walk in the park to be honest, literally. Especially after the game, but I guess 99% of you were back at home with your feet up?

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Thought it was a complete walk in the park to be honest, literally. Especially after the game, but I guess 99% of you were back at home with your feet up?

Still, it was probably a nice treat for you to see a crowd for the first 85 minutes.

HoveSaint

Nov 19, 2011
No. Not yet. Get it finished then maybe. But it always depends on the fans anyway. Just look at the Emirates.... dead as a dodo full of corporates.

I know you may hate me saying this, but from the South Stand it looks terribly unfinished and just weird. The big stand on the left is impressive and then in the North Stand what can only be described as a 'non league' stand totally divorced from the rest. I'm glad to hear that plans are a foot to get the rest of the seats installed, but right now? No it is not even close to intimidating.

Anyhow, in a weird way I thought the Withdump was intimidating. Kind of shouted 'under dog! Be ware!'

CPFC1234

Banned
Oct 26, 2011
ON A DERSERTED ISLAND
Oh Yes Very. Mind You All Brightons "Stadiums" Were. Of Course we had the open Aired Dump that was the Withdean, a real fortress that was, and then Of course Before that we had the crumbling and very sparsely populated wreck that was the Gallstone Ground. And now they have a wonderful New Stadium with a wonky roof, with 1000+ empty seats despite the sold out notices, with a Bar called Dick's?, where you Conceded defeat against your most hated rivals and others, the dirtiest side in the C'Ship, a Manager who starts jumping up and down and storming down the tunnel when things aren't going his way and of course games being moved because of University Open Days and Bonfires. Thats REALLY one for teams to watch the SHAMEX. :rolleyes:

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Oh Yes Very. Mind You All Brightons "Stadiums" Were. Of Course we had the open Aired Dump that was the Withdean, a real fortress that was, and then Of course Before that we had the crumbling and very sparsely populated wreck that was the Gallstone Ground. And now they have a wonderful New Stadium with a wonky roof, with 1000+ empty seats despite the sold out notices, with a Bar called Dick's?, where you Conceded defeat against your most hated rivals and others, the dirtiest side in the C'Ship, a Manager who starts jumping up and down and storming down the tunnel when things aren't going his way and of course games being moved because of University Open Days and Bonfires. Thats REALLY one for teams to watch the SHAMEX. :rolleyes:

"1000 empty seats" what a f***ing joke coming from palace fan !!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here