• Yes

Votes: 224 88.2%
  • No

Votes: 30 11.8%

• Total voters

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Tbh,I Dont care if its good or bad as long as the lad keeps us up i couldnt give a foggiest

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Childish ramblings please :jester:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Good appointment, bit of a pisser for the bloke that he HAS to work with White & Booker though.

Hopefully if he keeps us up and stays he will be able to bring in his own staff in the summer. To be honest, I think he should have got a longer contract and been able to bring in his own staff. However, I suppose the theory is as it is only a short term contract, we don't want to hire new backroom staff when he could leave in the summer anyway.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Hopefully if he keeps us up and stays he will be able to bring in his own staff in the summer. To be honest, I think he should have got a longer contract and been able to bring in his own staff. However, I suppose the theory is as it is only a short term contract, we don't want to hire new backroom staff when he could leave in the summer anyway.

Or another way of looking at it is that he was the only one to agree to working with White and Booker making him an obvious choice for Knight, I hope that wasn't the case and I hope Slade has been appointed for his managerial abilities (which I reckon are pretty good) and not because he agreed to work with Dick's mates.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Disagree about a longer contract.I'm pleased with the appointment but the club needs to be more carefull in dishing out 3 year contracts and then sacking the manager.If he proves his salt then offer a better deal.We can't keep paying up contracts when the money can be better spent.The club have got it spot on.

webbyson

Pre & Post..*Gullsworth*
Jul 26, 2004
Mudhut
Like someone said in a previous thread...........a slightly underwhelming appointment...however he seems to have a good record and i think he will do a good job.....so i am behind the appointment.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I dont care how good he is if we lose at Leyton Orient tommorow we are down looking at the other fixtures.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Do you think this is a good appointment or Dick Tight panicking and getting someone in on the cheap ?

Dick Knight panicking is a "given"........no doubt about that.

Overall, the Slade appointment is probably the best we can do, following the huge amounts of money that will have to paid out in compensation for the dreadful board decisions on recent managerial positions.

One good thing about the Slade appointment, is that the expectation of us supporters will have been considerably lowered............which should at least remove some pressure off Slade.

Like most, I have no idea if Slade will be a good appointment, but I truly hope he will be and wish him luck.

He,ll need it with Mr. Knight still at the helm.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I honestly hadn't heard of the bloke until he was linked with the job here. However after what I've learn since, then yeah I'm more than happy with him.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I see a dozen threads a day which are more Childish Ramblings than Ernests first poll, and i dont see them moved from the main board

At least its Football and Albion related. People are intelligent enough to give there opinion to the first thread in my view.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here