Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is NSC to blame

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
For too much negativity?

Having watched the Albion since the early 70s I can confirm that there have been many, many Brighton teams far worse than the one we are currently watching.

What would the reaction on NSC have been after the 8-2 home defeat to Bristol Rovers and the Cup defeats to Leatherhead, Sudbury and Walton and Hersham?

Sometimes I feel that there is massive over reaction to a run of a few bad results - after all we're only 11 games into the season. People run home and post on NSC without thinking - great players the week before have become has beens or cart horses in the space of 90 minutes - just slow down.

Yeah, we're having a poor run - but it's early days. Wilkins is at least passionate about our club - I'd much rather him be the Manager than some of the usual suspects whose names get trotted out every time there's a job going. (Rix, Brian Littlle etc) at least Wilkins knows this bunch of kids and will hopefully get the best out of them.

There is money to spend - let's see how it's used - a CF and a Central Midfield is the priorities IMO. reid getting injured is a big blow, something people seem to forget, We also have had Charlie and Hinch missing for a long time now.

What Wilkins must do is to convince players like Lynch that one or two good games doesn't make them world beaters - as good as he was at the start of the season he's had a few poor games including Saturday. Doesn't mean he's become a bad player, just needs to get back playing like he's capable of. Wilkins is surely the man to do that.

Harty was critical of Martin Perry on the phone in on Saturday when Perry started blaming LDC for our problems. Well it's nigh on a year since we had the Falmer YES - and look where we are. The High Court on Wednesday. What would have happened if we'd had no further opposition from LDC - we'd still be in the Championship IMO as the board would have been able to put some money into the squad last January insted of putting it back into the Falmer project.

So yes, LDC are in a way to blame for at least part of our problems.

And if I hear one more person come on the phone in and drone on about 'how crap we are' but 'I didn't go cos the missus took me to ASDA, blah blah' . They come on saying that Falmer isn't needed as we only get 6000 - complete drivel. IF we had Falmer, thousands of Albion fans would come back - there are loads who unfortunatley refuse to go to Withdean - they've been worn down by the most protracted planning battle in Football history.

Well, one day, in the next 4/5 years, WHEN my team run out at Falmer, with a team of players the vast majority of which will be home grown it will be worth it.

People have got to get their heads round the fact that Falmer is the be all and end all of this club. Relegation - so what - it wouldn't be the first time and it wouldn't be the last. (It won't happen this year anyway) What's far more important come the end of the Season is a nailed on YES for Falmer - only then can this club really move forward.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Can't be arsed to read all that, i'm too depressed at the moment.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We all know the future is Falmer it just seems so far away it is depressing

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Basically no. We have far less impact than we think and are just a microcosm of the fans.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Read some of that and got throughly bored, the only reason we're so bad at the moment is that we're in a transitional period and we need to adapt to it and get better with the squad we've got.

Some of us think we'll get relegated, but if you look at the table right now we're not bottom, but 17th with 14 points.

It's to blame for too many SPASTICS, not sure you can compliment it with being important enough to effect the entire well-being of our football club.

NSC has 3,000-odd members, many of which are aliases and many more of whom are opposing fans. We took 30,000 to the play-off final.

There's no doubting what a useful tool NSC has been for Albion supporters in recent years, but it still only represents a very small percentage of the club's fanbase.

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I'm a bit confused - the thread title doesn't relate to anything in the post???

But I don't think you can argue with the falling crowds - it's going to take wise investment to get people 'positive' again, because even when we're winning, we're not a particularly good side to watch.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Safeway said:
It's to blame for too many SPASTICS, not sure you compliment it with being important enough to effect the entire well-being of our football club.

NSC has 3,000-odd members, many of which are aliases and many more of whom are opposing fans. We took 30,000 to the play-off final.

There's no doubting what a useful tool NSC has been for the Albion in recent years, but it still only represents a very small percentage of the club's fanbase.

I go to about one game a month, sometimes home, sometimes away. Even when it's f***ing depressing at matches, it's still less depressing than the average afternoon spent on NSC.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
I go to about one game a month, sometimes home, sometimes away. Even when it's f***ing depressing at matches, it's still less depressing than the average afternoon spent on NSC.

So why spend time here if you find it to be so utterly and permanently depressing???

Last edited:

1066gull

Safeway said:
It's to blame for too many SPASTICS
I thought that was Reading, and look where they are at the moment?

Last edited:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
I pay my money to be on NSC, I can voice my opinion as loud as I want :angry:

What? :jester:

Who exactly do you pay money to? I think you're being conned somehow.

Anyone else being made to pay in order to post on here? If so, who by? I think we owe it to ourselves to find out who is perpetratiing this disgusting act.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Last edited:

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
yes far too much negativity-seem to remember coming back in midweek from the Priestfield after a 5-1 defeat to millwall in the cup and people on the club bus were less depressed than the people on this board-half of which i have to add dont even pay the money week in week out to watch the poor performances we're experiencing at the moment.....

good post

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Adriodinho said:
I thought that was Reading, and look where they are at the moment?

Everybodies got Aids! Aids aids aids aids aids aids aids aids aids aids.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here