Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is NSC to blame

Mellor 3 Ward 4 said:
For too much negativity?

Some, not all of NSC, are, yes.

Bozza said:
NSC does have significant power, believe it or not.

Sure, the membership represents only a small percentage of Albion fans but where else would one look for an immediate straw poll on feeling and sentiment? There is nowhere else. Of course this is not a symptom of NSC but of the Internet itself.

And I know for a FACT that in the days leading up to the sacking of McGhee, NSC was looked at very closely from within the walls of the Albion. In fact McGhee may have had one more game had it not been for the sentiment on NSC. And if we'd won that game....who knows?

Bloody hell :(

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
Mellor 3 Ward 4 said:
The point I was trying to make, albeit badly, is that with NSC opinions get shared that much quicker and cos somebody says on NSC that so and so had a poor game all of a sudden they're completley f***ing useless which of couse isn't the case.

In the old days you watched the game, had a drink before/after and that was pretty much it. These days as information and opinions get passed and shared between a lot more people a lot quicker, we can go from world beaters one game to a load of dross the following week.

We are neither - we are a team of kids with one or two exceptions and we're in for a tough season. But we're not in the bottom division and won't be come the end of the season either.

No you're original post was well made if not a little deceiving by the title. And the answer comes succinctly by way of safeways post.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Mellor 3 Ward 4 said:
For too much negativity?

Having watched the Albion since the early 70s I can confirm that there have been many, many Brighton teams far worse than the one we are currently watching. *SNIP*

Agree very largely with all you said, rational and well considered.

The problem with the era of new technology is that so much of what appears on it is NOT rational and well considered but is straight from the heart. Whereas before you might have moaned to your mates / family about so and so having a nightmare or this being the worst game you ever saw and then forgot about it, now you can post your 'heat of the moment' thoughts for posterity and have others turn it in to a massive great thread long after you've calmed down.

So having long ago calmed down and considered things I can say that I still consider the Crewe game this season to be the worst I have seen since the season we finished second bottom to Doncaster. I can also say I don't expect it to be typical and, like you, think we will stay up.

Last edited:

There's always that 'last game' though, and whatever the reasons behind it, usually it is the results and performances that tip the scales.

The reason given in that case was that MM had lost fan support, and that was basically coming to a head at Withdean as well as NSC, the local pub, the offices where Albion fans discuss, and down the supermarket when one fan meets another one.

One enduring memory that still rings in my ears, is from when MM made his choice of subs vs Crewe, and the fans sang out in unison to voice disapproval.
Whether people believe he was a scapegoat or not, he is done.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here