Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is NSC intimidating for lurkers wanting to sign up and post?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I've seen a few threads from reasonable sounding newbies who seem to be a bit wary of the reaction they are gonna get on here.

Is NSC really that unfriendly to newbies? Sure there are some pisstakes and put downs aimed at them but if you can't take a bit of flak on an internet message board maybe you shouldn't post :shrug:

Having said that there are some right twats who have signed up recently :rolleyes: :lolol:

To be fair, if you are the type of person who will be upset/offened/intimidated by a typed response on a messageboard you probably shouldn't be on it in the first place.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
You could be right Icy, but as you say, if you can't take it (90% of the time it's because you start by posting drivel), maybe it's not the right place for you.
If you are sensible, or at least half sensible, you should be OK.

Last edited:

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
There seems to be more interest in putting people down to look big than open constructive debate these days. A bit of banter is all very well but some on here just seem to want a punch up all the time. Yes people do make some daft posts but they probably make them with good intentions. There seems to be more aggression in responses these days rather than light hearted fun.........awaits response to this post of twat or something similar!!!

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
There seems to be more interest in putting people down to look big than open constructive debate these days. A bit of banter is all very well but some on here just seem to want a punch up all the time. Yes people do make some daft posts but they probably make them with good intentions. There seems to be more aggression in responses these days rather than light hearted fun.........awaits response to this post of twat or something similar!!!

100% agree, im all for light hearted banter, but for example someone who posted about chris wood, the poster got called a retard, thats not banter. Everyone (almost) is here for the same reason, to support The Albion. Sometimes it seems too quick to pull someone down, for example again, spelling etc. Well up for banter, none of this stopped me signing up and would give back if received, but in good taste and in the true realms of Banter. Have it :)

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
To be fair, if you are the type of person who will be upset/offened/intimidated by a typed response on a messageboard you probably shouldn't be on it in the first place.

Agreed! Although I easily side with new posters when the NSC 'elite' start whipping out the size of their post count as a symbol of their superiority and right to be top dogs in a errrrrr internet forum.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Agreed! Although I easily side with new posters when the NSC 'elite' start whipping out the size of their post count as a symbol of their superiority and right to be top dogs in a errrrrr internet forum.

I'm not around here much at the moment, but I haven't seen that. I have seen some new posters rip shreds out of people recently though! I wonder if people read more into the post count that is actually there.

When a newcomer gets slated is when they turn up out of the blue and declare some large rumour or signing which they'll get slated for as they have no credibility. If people say "its only a message board" to a certain extent they are correct, but we apply credibility (as well as other standards such as respect) in real life, and I think you'll find most people can't remove that standard simply as we're on an internet message board.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
You still get the usual groups on here who follow eachother around like blue arse flys,but to say its intimidating is way over the top as its just a message board:)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I'm sure it can be intimidating to some and especially to the young. However I don't think this board is intended for or benefits from schoolchildren participating (in fact it seems to deteriorate greatly during holiday periods). We seem to have two broad groups who predominate - the 16 to 30's, and the middle aged and overs. One group tends to be more savvy and can be quite sarcastic. The other group tends towards irony (because it understands the difference) and cynicism. What does stand out on here compared to many similar forums is the higher than average level of (for want of a better word) intellect which generally predominates and can result in a fairly ascerbic or waspish air to the board. Only very occassionally does it get out of hand but it can, I'm sure, put people off and, again looking at other boards, I suspect that is a good thing in the main.

Overly harsh sometimes? Yes, I agree........but that's an issue of keyboard conversations versus real world relationships more than it being an issue with this forum.

TKC

Jun 16, 2011
A quote from Mr " I have 57 post to date" Twat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by gouldy27
Are you joking are you a retard

Let me clarify these aren't my posts or opinions. Just simply reposting pointless anger.

Royalsol

Jul 8, 2011
As an oppo fan (Reading), I signed up recently to have a bit of banter with you guys and also for the constructive debates. In my opinion this is a good board with the usual bit of slating, e-beef and put downs, nothing different to any forum you would find anywhere.
If people take offence, then any football forum in the country should be given a wide birth.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
As an oppo fan (Reading), I signed up recently to have a bit of banter with you guys and also for the constructive debates. In my opinion this is a good board with the usual bit of slating, e-beef and put downs, nothing different to any forum you would find anywhere.
If people take offence, then any football forum in the country should be given a wide birth.
Pi$$ off you royal:D

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer

e-beef, verry good :lol: not heard that before! :lol:

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
If someone gets hammered on here when they first start posting, it's often because they've started posting with ridiculous statements.

I'd read NSC for years before I actually started posting and yes, it can be a bit intimidating sometimes, but more often than not, if you're sensible, then you won't get abused.

If you can't stand the heat, then don't play with the fire!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here