Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is NSC intimidating for lurkers wanting to sign up and post?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
There seems to be more interest in putting people down to look big than open constructive debate these days. A bit of banter is all very well but some on here just seem to want a punch up all the time. Yes people do make some daft posts but they probably make them with good intentions. There seems to be more aggression in responses these days rather than light hearted fun.........awaits response to this post of twat or something similar!!!

Maybe that's because it seems that most of the recent additions are starting threads about non existing transfer targets and it seems to fill the forum edging out some of the more worthwhile debate. Aggression is a too strong a word, vitriol is better!!! It should also be remembered that NSC is basically an online pub without the drink. When you go out, unless you are a complete saddoe, you don't just talk about football. Something a lot of, but not all, JCLs don't seem to get (see

You could be right Icy, but as you say, if you can't take it (90% of the time it's because you start by posting drivel), masybe it's not the right place for you.
If you are sensible, or at least half sensible, you should be OK.

I think the 'No Politics' thread is a case in point.

Well I got "fixtured" on my first post a month ago, I soon learnt, I'm always up for a bit of banter, yes there are some on here who just seem to want a row with newbies for some reason, but just give as good as you get (or in my case, BETTER ;-) ) and they soon shut up :)

Last edited:

Jun 24, 2010
Goring
Interesting question. I have only just started to post and to be honest don't really give two s**ts what people think. I love the Albion and have read NSC for ages. I've only started posting because it's easy with iPhones and the like now. If you write something that is completely stupid then you should expect to get some banter I guess. However......calling people retards is a bit too much IMO. This place is an Internet forum not a court room, and we are all here because we have a common interest.

Anyway onto more Important matters, has anyone heard this ridiculous rumour that we are about to sign CMS?

TAXI...........!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
if only it were intimidating, so we wouldnt get first posts from people in the know of latest transfers.

no, i think the typcial user will ease themself in with an uncontroversial few post and noone would bite their head off. those that do launch in with conflict clearly arent intimidated.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Think in general things are fair. If something gets 4-5 threads a day and someone has been 'watching' NSC they wouldn't start a new one unless new twist on story in which case great

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
interesting reading so far - does go to show that in amongst the dross there are some pretty good newbies/JCL's/call 'em what you will's, who are clearly going to make an impression on here if they maintain their interest. Much like among the older posters tbh. Nothing much changes.........................

BeardyChops

Jan 24, 2009
I have rarely posted, mainly because I'm a rude sod who doesn't want to get into a conversation with strangers.

However, what is the reason for showing postcount? Most of the posters here are too grown up for the reason as suggested by urbandictionary.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
You're best off, i think, to slide on in somewhere like this quietly and without fanfare. Say a few "yes"es and a couple of "balderdash!"es so you're postcount is above 15 and your lifespan is more than a month. There's something buffoonish and uninterestingly insane about a chap or chapess who runs into an establishment hollering that the world is about to end or that the queen is pregnant again. Such people are the Daily Sport without the humour and easily forgettable.
If this is a playground of opinionated chatter then arrive with a bucket of opinion and try not to weep when one of the bigger boys urinates in your castle's newly-dug moat. Get into an argument sometimes and feel silly in the morning that some idiot on the internet enticed you into a public brawl, but mostly enjoy how silly and pointless you can be and how little it matters if things go wrong for a moment. We shouldn't logout with irreparable bruising or a complete dent to our egos, never to return. Hopefully, slowly, everyone is accepted.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
i get slated on here every day but i take it with a pinch of salt, its the internet at the end of the day.
There are some top users on here, and some people that ya can tell are just purely on fishing trips, i been hooked in a couple of times lol.

Take it with a pinch of salt, i get slated for posting to much, but do i really care erm NO lol

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
if only it were intimidating, so we wouldnt get first posts from people in the know of latest transfers.

no, i think the typcial user will ease themself in with an uncontroversial few post and noone would bite their head off. those that do launch in with conflict clearly arent intimidated.

This.

Most new posters will probably watch from the wings for a while without posting anything. They will work out who the main characters are, then start with a couple of posts that might be in general agreement with what someone else has said, thus building up their credibility rating without attracting adverse comment. However, someone who starts off with a "big rumour" type thread is likely to end up being viewed as a spammer or some sort of freak.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
If this is a playground of opinionated chatter then arrive with a bucket of opinion and try not to weep when one of the bigger boys urinates in your castle's newly-dug moat.

.......but mostly enjoy how silly and pointless you can be and how little it matters if things go wrong for a moment.

True genius........................................what could possibly sum it up better ? :D

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I've seen a few threads from reasonable sounding newbies who seem to be a bit wary of the reaction they are gonna get on here.

Is NSC really that unfriendly to newbies? Sure there are some pisstakes and put downs aimed at them but if you can't take a bit of flak on an internet message board maybe you shouldn't post :shrug:

Having said that there are some right twats who have signed up recently :rolleyes: :lolol:

Think the age of the poster does come into play-not everybody on here is a coffin dodger some are just starting out.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I find that if you express your views and the moderators dont like it you get blocked. During Wimbledon i slated Andy Murray all week because everyone was saying it was going to be his year. I totally dissagreed and made my feelings clear. Got loads of stick for it....... Then when Andy Murray went out i was blocked. I was'nt worried about what people said to me. Its more about what offends the mods.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I find that if you express your views and the moderators dont like it you get blocked. During Wimbledon i slated Andy Murray all week because everyone was saying it was going to be his year. I totally dissagreed and made my feelings clear. Got loads of stick for it....... Then when Andy Murray went out i was blocked. I was'nt worried about what people said to me. Its more about what offends the mods.

Some rules can be bent others broken-play with a style & panache...remember this is a good site...if your unsure take a look at Palace BBS..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here