Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Morris wants McGhee SACKED. FACT.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Richie Morris said:
I was just wondering whether we now have a manager who is above the sack.

Correct, he won't be sacked

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Richie Morris said:
The coca cola money was £250k and I remember hearing repeatedly on Harty's phone in that Turienzo was £150.

That money could have been spent better elsewhere.

Anyhow, this was not meant to be a 'should we sack McGhee thread' I was just wondering whether we now have a manager who is above the sack.

:dunce:

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
It's not a case of being above the sack - it's just there is no one else to do the job within our current constraints.

Moan all you like, and believe me i have a good old moan about it at times but realistically what can we do.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Richie Morris said:
What is that for Yorkie? I was just asking a question.

all the reasons given above and you haven't read them or responded to them

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Unfortunatley against Mark McGhee is the old directors box scenario. At the Goldstone the chairman and the directors never really came into contact with the public at Withdean Dick Knight has to walk amongst the people to get to his seat, if things continue to get worse people will get restless, especially if the Falmer result is a 'Maybe', ie Prescott says we can have a stadium but he thinks we should build it at ........, which would mean more planning applications etc. If the paying public start having a go at Knight and they are well within their rights to do so, one option he's got to buy him some time and to divert the flack off of him is to change the personnel in the dugout.
I SINCERELY HOPE THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN AS I BELIEVE MCGHEE CAN AND WILL KEEP US UP,
But Dick Knight wouldn't be the first chairman to go down the self preservation route.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The Falmer result wouldn't be a maybe Harty and my opinion is that if it is No to Falmer then Dick Knight would probably resign anway.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Good point Harty, I hadnt thought of that. I cant see Dick Knight acting in that way but you never know.

If we could get a bettre manager then yes, I would want McGhee sacked. But at the moment I dont think we can get anyone better and anyone who came in would have no money to spend so might as well let McGhee do the best he can for the time being.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Richie Morris said:
The coca cola money was £250k and I remember hearing repeatedly on Harty's phone in that Turienzo was £150k.

That money could have been spent better elsewhere.

The Coca Cola money, if you check your facts Richie, is for the transfer fee PLUS wages.

The Turi fee has never been confirmed, even so, £150k buys you nothing these days, we clearly needed to sign a striker this season, so it is hardly the wrong place to spend it. We DO need a left back, but none are willing to come here on loan from Prem teams at present.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Shock horror :eek:

Richie's facts are all wrong (again).

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
No manager is un-sackable, simple as. As for the merits/de-merits of Mark McGhee, well it's been done to death really hasn't it? What would anger me if I were him though is knowing you're the only manager in recent years that has shown any loyality to the club and combined that with promotion to the second flight of English football and then avoiding relegation against all the odds and yet that's still not good enough for some people. I'm not saying he's above criticism for what happens on the playing field but a lot of the flack he gets is just absurd.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Sorry Yorkie Ferret has obviously mis-informed me on this or I have misunderstood the whole process. I thought JP could say no to Falmer but recommend that we build a new stadium elsewhere in the city, ie Sheepcote Valley or Waterhall.
Is that not the case?
Via Ferret that was were I got the stadium MAYBE scenario from.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Richie I think you just answered your own question in the thread that you started

BRAIN...ENGAGE...

:D

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
From the outside looking in i think its more than a bit unfair to point the finger at Mark McGee. Brighton until they get Falmer are in an impossible situation financially, having to suvive on crowds of 6,000 and having to pick players up on loans or free transfers. It must be like being in quicksand for McGee or any other manager who has been manager in recent years. I know football fans love their club and want them to succeed at virtually all costs but sometimes i think we are all guilty of failing to look at the bigger picture when things dont go our way. Brighton done fantastically well to stay up last season and there is no reason why they cantdo uit again this everyone can beat everyone else in this league , prime example Crewe turning over Luton yesterday no one had tat down as a home win on their coupons i would bet my mortgage on it. After Tuesday i am sure things will pick up for you! ;)

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
El Presidente said:
The Coca Cola money, if you check your facts Richie, is for the transfer fee PLUS wages.

The Turi fee has never been confirmed, even so, £150k buys you nothing these days, we clearly needed to sign a striker this season, so it is hardly the wrong place to spend it. We DO need a left back, but none are willing to come here on loan from Prem teams at present.

The 150k spent on el turi was real.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here