Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Kuipers now in the running for

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I just can't wait to see this faultless keeper we're going to sign in place of Kuipers.
I'm expecting something between the cat-like reflexes of Yashin, along with the commanding presence of Shilton.

We are a mid-table third division club, after all.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I just can't wait to see this faultless keeper we're going to sign in place of Kuipers.
I'm expecting something between the cat-like reflexes of Yashin, along with the commanding presence of Shilton.

We are a mid-table third division club, after all.

I don't think anyone (with the exception of Chez) thinks he's crap, but they are making the fault that he's not the PERFECT keeper as some would make out.

Yesterday's error was straight out of the Henderson book of cock-ups. Fortunately, he doesn't do that sort of thing once every month....:)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don't think anyone (with the exception of Chez) thinks he's crap, but they are making the fault that he's not the PERFECT keeper as some would make out.

Yesterday's error was straight out of the Henderson book of cock-ups. Fortunately, he doesn't do that sort of thing once every month....:)

I've never said Kuipers is perfect. What keeper is ? But if we're talking percentages, he gets an awful lot more right than he dopes wrong, and has saved our arses a lot more times than he's cost us. Having watched the Albion since 1987, I KNOW a shit keeper when I see one. Anyone who puts Kuipers in that bracket doesn't know what they're talking about.

End of.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I've never said Kuipers is perfect. What keeper is ? But if we're talking percentages, he gets an awful lot more right than he dopes wrong, and has saved our arses a lot more times than he's cost us. Having watched the Albion since 1987, I KNOW a shit keeper when I see one. Anyone who puts Kuipers in that bracket doesn't know what they're talking about.

End of.

I'm not disagreeing with any of that! But it's only fair that, when he makes a goal-costing cock up, people point it out, as they would with any other keeper - rather than ignore it because it's 'our Michel'.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Yesterday was the worst Kuipers has played for years.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm not disagreeing with any of that! But it's only fair that, when he makes a goal-costing cock up, people point it out, as they would with any other keeper - rather than ignore it because it's 'our Michel'.

Sure. But its not left at that, is it. Next its "Hendo would've saved that"
Then its "FFS Wilkins get rid. We need a new keeper"
After which, by page 6, its "Kuipers sprouts horns at half time then eats the ears of the youth teamers"

I don't think there are many keepers better than Kuipers at this level. And while I'm satisfied with his performances between the sticks, I would FAR prefer our limited resources to be directed towards other more worthy courses in the team, cos Kuipers does not cost us enough to justify replacing him. Nowhere near.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here