Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Kuipers now in the running for

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
And who kept a clean sheet at Selhurst Park and who let in 5 goals?
They are both good keepers although Hendo is seriously injured at the moment and hasn't played in months.

What a stupid thing to say, they were 2 completely different games, over 3 years apart!

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
No, his kicking has been shite all season. And one game isn't going to put you in the running for player of the season.

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
:tosser:

obviously didn't go to forest.

one game doesn't make him good/bad, he has been consistantly average in goal, poor in his kicking all season. He has one good game and you think the sun shines out of his backside.

Spunk Bubble

Feb 21, 2007
no.....flaps at and misses crosses and then moans at defence for not keeping out shots he should have prevented if he could catch.
likes to make the easy look spectacular and fails miserably

can we have our henderson back please?
Is Henderson still alive ??

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
No, his kicking has been shite all season. And one game isn't going to put you in the running for player of the season.

I don't think his kicking/distribution is nearly as bad as some make it out to be.

It's certainly not perfect, but it's a hell of a lot better these days than it used to be and no worse than a lot of opposition keepers you see at Withdean.

Mar 4, 2008
Burgess Hill!
It is a bit different from last season, when we were constantly discussing Wayne Henderson cock-ups. To be honest I cannot think of a situation that we can say that goal was down to Kuipers?

As much as i love Kuipers was the first goal last week at home to Swindon not his fault?

Mar 4, 2008
Burgess Hill!
It definately was his fault. In his defence though he did play well for the rest of the game. No keeper should just be judged on his mistakes - unfortunately that has been happening around here (Brighton fans in general) for years.

Yeah, but in all fairness all players everywhere are judged by what they do wrong not what they do right. Thats the way it has always been and will always be!

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
No way I'm affraid. Tommy Elphick has Player of the season in the bag.

I think that Tommy has had a wonderful season, but it does show how a keeper makes a mistake and he is hung out to dry for it. But a defender or attacker makes them and they are soon forgotten. I think one of the goals at Huddersfield Tommy was at fault and at Nottingham one could say Forster cost us two points.
I know they were only one mistake per game but soon forgotten.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
one game doesn't make him good/bad, he has been consistantly average in goal, poor in his kicking all season. He has one good game and you think the sun shines out of his backside.

agreed- but Kuipers has had lots of good games, his excellent recent form is one of the reasons we have sneaked into the play offs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here