Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Kuipers now in the running for

No, his kicking has been shite all season. And one game isn't going to put you in the running for player of the season.

Isn't it about time this "his kicking is shit" nonsense was done away with? have you seen the standard of kicking from Premiershite keepers? Kuipers is no worse than any of them with his kicking.

He makes a couple of bad kicks in a game and his kicking is shit. A forward messes up a goal scoring opportunity and he's unlucky. How does that work?

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Isn't it about time this "his kicking is shit" nonsense was done away with? have you seen the standard of kicking from Premiershite keepers? Kuipers is no worse than any of them with his kicking.

He makes a couple of bad kicks in a game and his kicking is shit. A forward messes up a goal scoring opportunity and he's unlucky. How does that work?

The only bad kicking today was from the Leeds keeper from the radio commentry.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
No, he's not in the running for Player of the Season, and the principle reason is the young lad playing just in front of him - Tommy Elphick.

Look back at many of the 'Player Ratings' threads from this past season, and - aside from the occasional pathetic 'well, one kick was poor' or 'dropped one today' - many say "6 - Solid, didn't have a lot to do'.

He was awesome against Forest because - and this is not a swipe against Elphick and Lynch - he was there when he needed to be. Forest carved open many chances, and for me it was another massive learning curve for the two youngsters - one from which both will undoubtedly improve further.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me

Thats very generous, pretty much every kick is sub standard and he rarely gets the ball out of his own half but again today it seems that he has had a decent game apart from that.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I really am sick of this kicking shit. :rant:

Two more World Class saves today. At the end of the game he's going mental celebrating. He works f***ing hard to keep a clean sheet and it appears to mean more to him than anyone else in the team, and yet you get back and read people moaning he can't kick.

He's a f***ing goalkeeper for Christ's sake!
They pay him to wear gloves not to play long perceptive balls up the pitch.

I hope he doesn't hear the shit that goes on on here. :annoyed:

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington

I mean he has no sense when it comes to where to kick the ball. One game we had Revell up front with Robinson and, either he was aiming for Revell and just sliced every kick, or he was actually aiming for Robinson. It's a part of his game that he obviously needs to improve.

I mean you're trying to say that a gaolkeeper is there just to save goals and not be good a kicking, thats where i feel you are wrong in the same sense that a striker is not only there to score goals, they create, hold up the ball, stop the ball coming forward etc...

Maybe i'm being a bit too expectant of a goalkeeper if i feel that they should be able to kick well.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If the club don't reinstate FDM in the Nummer Een shirt next season, then they are taking the piss and undermining our greatest goalkeeping asset for no good reason at all.

Just won't do... :nono:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Thought Kuipers kicking was generally ok yesterday escpecially compared to the Leeds keeper who put every kick out of touch!!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
His kicking has been much better this season than in years gone by. He's had two superb performances, not just in terms of shot stopping but in catching difficult balls into the box. However, he's had two games where we will need him, away from home to good sides. If he keeps on playing well though he's got to be a candidate and will perhaps, having been here so long and a club legend, get a few extra votes.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The bloke's a legend and deservedly so. It's difficult comparing Elphick with Kuipers because if Elphick effs up, as he has done occasionally, it's not always come to anything. If a goalie messes it up then almost certain it's a goal. ....and you tend to remember those more.

His kicking is better this season and was always better than Hendo's. I lost count of the number of times Hendo goal kicked into touch along his left hand-side. Appaling kicking. Where Kuipers is weak(er) in my opinion is his kicking out when under pressure from opposing forwards closing him down. It's a minor point though.

My current players of the season are

1. Elphick (hard to believe this is his first full season)
2. Forster (how much better have we been as a team since he's been captain?)
3. Kuipers
4. El-Abd (fantastic performances since the Leeds back pass. as stood up and been counted)
5. Cox - still so young, so talented and a match-winner
joint 6. Whing and Richards. Nothing to seperate them.

...and mention in despatches to the ginger prince. His last 4 games have been fantastic. That Donny game where he powered through from defence and ultimately won us the penalty was legendary.

chez

Jul 5, 2003
If the club don't reinstate FDM in the Nummer Een shirt next season, then they are taking the piss and undermining our greatest goalkeeping asset for no good reason at all.

Just won't do... :nono:

No, he wont get the number 1 shirt next season as Wilkins is still on the lookout for a better goalkeeper. This will especially be the case if we were to be playing Championship fooftball.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
El-Abd was my player of the season, but now I think he will be usurped by Elphick. What ispleasing is that we are finding far more consistency. Previously (last season) different players were peaking at different times. This season has been different, thankfully.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Another good performance yesterday.
I counted 4 good saves that kept us in the game.
And if you really needed to see a keeper who could be criticised for bad kicking then the Hartlepool keeper demonstrated that.

chez

Jul 5, 2003
And if you really needed to see a keeper who could be criticised for bad kicking then the Hartlepool keeper demonstrated that.

What??!!

He was shite again yesterday. Unfortunately he has returned to his usual form after a purple match a few weeks back.

I think all the people that question why he isn't No.1 have been answered.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

Im really glad he doesn't have many performances like that. Very poor for the first time in a while yesterday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here