Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Kuipers now in the running for

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Player of the season, along with Tommy Elphick and Nicky Forster after the game on Saturday. It is a bit different from last season, when we were constantly discussing Wayne Henderson cock-ups. To be honest I cannot think of a situation that we can say that goal was down to Kuipers?
I just hope I have not put the mockers on his good form this season, but for me he is much of the reason for our good run as Elphick and Forster.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Still not considered good enough to wear the no.1 shirt.

who me?

Jan 12, 2007
no.....flaps at and misses crosses and then moans at defence for not keeping out shots he should have prevented if he could catch.
likes to make the easy look spectacular and fails miserably

can we have our henderson back please?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I can think of one or two. Huddersfield's first goal for instance (away).

how was that down to Kuipers? The bloke ran straight past Elphick and fired in from 6 yards out?

The second goal against Gillingham at Withdean the other week WAS Kuipers fault though

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
how was that down to Kuipers? The bloke ran straight past Elphick and fired in from 6 yards out?

The second goal against Gillingham at Withdean the other week WAS Kuipers fault though

He just stood rooted to the spot and watched it. I agree about the Gillingham goal.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Which was shameful of the club. Says more about them than it does about FDM.

Maybe he doesn't want it? I don't know before Les Biehn jumps on me, but it is another consideration.

who me?

Jan 12, 2007
Are you doing a bit of fishing?

no bait here but hendo deserved better than the spite and bile he had to put up with week after week and kuipers as a senior pro should have gone to the argus and protected him..

and kuipers spends more effort on LOOKING a good goalie than he does on being one

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

no bait here but hendo deserved better than the spite and bile he had to put up with week after week and kuipers as a senior pro should have gone to the argus and protected him..

and kuipers spends more effort on LOOKING a good goalie than he does on being one

I would rather Kuipers looking good than Hendo looking extremely bad as he did at Bournemouth. But I do respect your opinion.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield

:tosser:

obviously didn't go to forest.

He may not win POTS but without him I suspect we wouldn't be where we are.

His all round influence on the defence is excellent, he produces fantastic saves, he rarely makes a cock up although he isn't perfect, his enthusiasm for all things blue and white is infectious.

On Saturday he was literally pushing players into position and you could tell they were only too pleased to have him in goal.

He is a key part of the spine of the team and with him at one end of the pitch and Nicky at the other, both barking encouragement then it can only be good for us :albion2::albion2::albion2:

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
He has done well in the last 3 or 4 games but was distinctly average before that. Still not convinced he should be given the No. 1 shirt next season let alone be named player of the season.

All credit to him for the past few games but these don't make up for all the other games he's had where he's been bordering on awful.

Hope he continues like this though as it can only be good for the club. :albion2:

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
He may not win POTS but without him I suspect we wouldn't be where we are.

His all round influence on the defence is excellent, he produces fantastic saves, he rarely makes a cock up although he isn't perfect, his enthusiasm for all things blue and white is infectious.

On Saturday he was literally pushing players into position and you could tell they were only too pleased to have him in goal.

He is a key part of the spine of the team and with him at one end of the pitch and Nicky at the other, both barking encouragement then it can only be good for us :albion2::albion2::albion2:

I think you're wrong about the "encouragement" thing. Nicky Forster gives encouragement, Kuipers is more of a bully, some people would say "in a Danny Cullip kind of way".

I prefer the Forster style personally.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I would rather Kuipers looking good than Hendo looking extremely bad as he did at Bournemouth. But I do respect your opinion.

And who kept a clean sheet at Selhurst Park and who let in 5 goals?
They are both good keepers although Hendo is seriously injured at the moment and hasn't played in months.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
And who kept a clean sheet at Selhurst Park and who let in 5 goals?

Very very different situations though. For what its worth I would rather have Kuipers on his best form than Henderson at his best (and I was Hendo fan)

The only keeper who I would prefer to have of our last few instead of Kuipers is Roberts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here