Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Johnny Dixon going to play this season?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Even if you can see the pitch from your steward vantage point, you really should not be concentrating on the game, you are there to assist / keep an eye on the crowd.

Maybe the steward manual needs a new section added?
Personally i couldn't steward a game while claiming to be a Brighton fan.The thought of telling my fellow fans to sit down or other instructions all day would seriously piss me off.I just couldn't do it.
But if Steward 433 can get to watch games then why not? I'm affraid you are talking out of your arse UB.I would much rather Stewards did watch the game and left the fans alone untill they are required.Not telling fans to sit down though.
The whole football experience is bad enough these days with over zealous stewarding and all seater grounds.Not to mention banning smoking completely as well.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Personally i couldn't steward a game while claiming to be a Brighton fan.The thought of telling my fellow fans to sit down or other instructions all day would seriously piss me off.I just couldn't do it.
But if Steward 433 can get to watch games then why not? I'm affraid you are talking out of your arse UB.I would much rather Stewards did watch the game and left the fans alone untill they are required.Not telling fans to sit down though.
The whole football experience is bad enough these days with over zealous stewarding and all seater grounds.Not to mention banning smoking completely as well.

Those two get to me as well. Saying that i am quiting smoking at the moment.

I agree that football has become sanitised but it makes me laugh to read the thoughts of the stewards on the previous game when they cannot be giving the game their full attention. One of the main offenders this week had his back to the game for almost the entire 90 minutes as we could see him in front of us, yet still waxes lyrical, in general terms of course, about the way we played. If they ARE giving the game their undivided then what the f*** are they doing stewarding? Is it a billy big bollocks thing?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I'm all for not smoking in the seats and i'm a smoker.At Derby they let you outside to smoke so why can't Brighton?

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
I agree that football has become sanitised but it makes me laugh to read the thoughts of the stewards on the previous game when they cannot be giving the game their full attention. One of the main offenders this week had his back to the game for almost the entire 90 minutes as we could see him in front of us, yet still waxes lyrical, in general terms of course, about the way we played. If they ARE giving the game their undivided then what the f*** are they doing stewarding? Is it a billy big bollocks thing?

Read my post about some jobs in the ground being able to watch the game.

Who was the steward with his back to the game out of interest?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
They shouldn't have let you back in as it is a league ruling no readmittance.

The area was cornered off and policed.I don't see any problem with that.You were still on the grounds property though.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003

As a rule fine, but they are employed to do a job and watching the match is surely secondary to that. Also the stewards at Withdean do seem to be zealous a fair amount of the time.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

I brought a season ticket for the first time in years the other day and you know what? I'm regretting it only after one game.I don't get the same pleasure like i use to.It's not the clubs fault but the way football has gone.
I celebrate Albion's goals better on the radio then at matches.Often shouting and jumping around the house.After that i can spark up :lolol:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
I brought a season ticket for the first time in years the other day and you know what? I'm regretting it only after one game.I don't get the same pleasure like i use to.It's not the clubs fault but the way football has gone.
I celebrate Abion's goals better on the radio then at matches.Often shouting and humping around the house.After that i can spark up :lolol:

Humping around the house?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here