Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Johnny Dixon going to play this season?

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
I brought a season ticket for the first time in years the other day and you know what? I'm regretting it only after one game.I don't get the same pleasure like i use to.It's not the clubs fault but the way football has gone.
I celebrate Abion's goals better on the radio then at matches.Often shouting and humping around the house.After that i can spark up :lolol:

I think the lack of atmosphere at Withdean is the single worst thing about the place. Any noise made is just lost. Roll on the roof at the new stadium.
Know what you mean about smoking though :lolol:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I think the lack of atmosphere at Withdean is the single worst thing about the place. Any noise made is just lost. Roll on the roof at the new stadium.
Know what you mean about smoking though :lolol:

Rightly or wrongly that is down to stewards stopping people making an atmosphere.

Fans try their best to generate an atmosphere, but all the things that make an atmosphere are stamp out straight away by stwearding.

Away games, stewards usually just letting the Brighton fans get on with it and we make one hell of a noise when we get going. Even at Crewe this year it wasnt too bad, and that says something!

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Well either you had a season ticket whilst not in the area or your numbers do not add up.

How?? Your maths is bad then

I am 35
I served 6 years in the army 35-6=29
I was in manchester for less than 2 years 29-2=27
I was in and out of hospital for a year after my crash 27-1=26

26 years of which 18 i was a STH

Suppose i am a bad fan for it not being more? :thud:

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Rightly or wrongly that is down to stewards stopping people making an atmosphere.

Fans try their best to generate an atmosphere, but all the things that make an atmosphere are stamp out straight away by stwearding.

Away games, stewards usually just letting the Brighton fans get on with it and we make one hell of a noise when we get going. Even at Crewe this year it wasnt too bad, and that says something!

Sorry Brett that's bollocks

Are you telling me you lot can't sing or make noise sitting down???

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

It's not bollocks.I should know i've stood on terraces for years.It's not the same and never will be while we are told to be seated.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked

Its harder, people like to let themselves go and scream their lungs out with all the clapping and arm waving, and its harder to do it sitting down

All the loudest crowds are from fans standing up, look at all top flights over Europe.
England is probably the quietest because everyone has to sit down. Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea all have massive support but their barely make a noise because they are sat down eating the prawn sarnies etc.

Look at somewhere like Turkey, where football is life, they turn up to game hours before kick off and make a f***ing huge racket for 3 hours, jumping, singing, banging their drums, letting off flares etc

Its not your fault its your job to make everyone sit down, but it kills the atmosphere.

Barnet the other day probably had 200ish their, they were really loud, happily singing behind their team at 2-0 down, then suddenly there were 20 of our stweards bundling in, they all shut up andthe atmosphere died a death as the Albion werent singing the whole game.

I think we have proved at every away game, we pretty much stand up the whole 90 minutes and the passion in the crowd is suddenly lifted and a great sing song happens and that is why pretty much every Brighton fan prefers going to away games

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
It's not bollocks.I should now i've stood on terraces for years.It's not the same and never will be while we are told to be seated.

I agree the atmosphere will not be the same as the East terrace at the Goldstone but that shouldn't stop fans singing.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Its harder, people like to let themselves go and scream their lungs out with all the clapping and arm waving, and its harder to do it sitting down

All the loudest crowds are from fans standing up, look at all top flights over Europe.
England is probably the quietest because everyone has to sit down. Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea all have massive support but their barely make a noise because they are sat down eating the prawn sarnies etc.

Look at somewhere like Turkey, where football is life, they turn up to game hours before kick off and make a f***ing huge racket for 3 hours, jumping, singing, banging their drums, letting off flares etc

Its not your fault its your job to make everyone sit down, but it kills the atmosphere.

Barnet the other day probably had 200ish their, they were really loud, happily singing behind their team at 2-0 down, then suddenly there were 20 of our stweards bundling in, they all shut up andthe atmosphere died a death as the Albion werent singing the whole game

That is not why the stewards bundled in :lolol: And before you ask why i can't say as i never heard it properly as to why.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

sitting down makes it seem like you are at the theatre or something, it just doesnt inspire you to create an atmosphere

the fact of the matter is that whichever away games the stewards allow us to stand or there is a terrace, the atmosphere is far far better

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Send him out on loan to Grimsby Town , its quite feasible they will be playing non league next season. ???

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
I'm sure EVERYONE will be standing up for the majority of the Southend game on Friday. And yes it does make for a better atmosphere. The stewards just let us get on with it last season.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
sitting down makes it seem like you are at the theatre or something, it just doesnt inspire you to create an atmosphere

the fact of the matter is that whichever away games the stewards allow us to stand or there is a terrace, the atmosphere is far far better

Maybe but the accusation is that we stop the atmosphere. We don't you just choose not to try and make any if you are sitting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here