Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it time to take direct action against Fofars

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Me too. There's a new bakers in London Road about two doors down from Forfars called Greggs. This is a LOT cheaper than Forfars and sometimes has a queue coming out into the street!

Greggs is fuggin wicked, much cheaper and much nicer than forfars

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
To be honest if they do make an appeal, I think we should have pickets (legal max) outside Forfar shops. Issuing leaflets asking people not to go in or buy their products etc. I also think we should club together and pay for a full page colour advertisement in the Argus explaining what Melanie Cuttress and the other Parishiners are doing and asking the people of Sussex to boycott forfars.

If they make an appeal, then they should be made to pay in their pocket, like they are making us and the club.

Remember, Forfar profits could be used to hurt the Albion.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
The trouble with these kind of protests against small companies means that if they are effective then staff are laid off.

I for one don't want anybody that is innocent to lose thier jobs.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
How many people will lose their jobs if we dont get Falmer?The NIMBY tactics have been partly designed to put the club out of business. They have cost us millions and were quite prepared for people to lose their jobs. If a successful boycott of Forfars was organised it would be down to Cutress and here inability to quit when she should. Up until now I would have disagreed with a boycott but now as reason, persuasion. the democratic process and everything thing else seems to have failed, why not. I would like to hear from Lord B et al the reasons against. I dont find the argument that it may encourage them to appeal persuasive (but it is entirely possible that I havent thought this through).

The trouble with these kind of protests against small companies means that if they are effective then staff are laid off.

I for one don't want anybody that is innocent to lose thier jobs.

Like you, I hate to see people lose their jobs-unless it's a Cuttress.

However, to be fair-most of the people at Forfars could easily walk into a similar job with another employer (Greggs, Starbucks, Costa, etc.). We'd be doing them a favour too because they would no longer be working for the hag's poodle.

BAN THE BUN.

How many people will lose their jobs if we dont get Falmer?The NIMBY tactics have been partly designed to put the club out of business. They have cost us millions and were quite prepared for people to lose their jobs. If a successful boycott of Forfars was organised it would be down to Cutress and here inability to quit when she should. Up until now I would have disagreed with a boycott but now as reason, persuasion. the democratic process and everything thing else seems to have failed, why not. I would like to hear from Lord B et al the reasons against. I dont find the argument that it may encourage them to appeal persuasive (but it is entirely possible that I havent thought this through).
All I'm going to say is that - right now - it doesn't help the cause for Melanie Cutress to be complaining to everyone that she and her parish council are the victims of a hate campaign. That wins her sympathy in quarters that still have the power to make things very difficult for us.

I don't think that the LibDems on LDC will reverse their decision not to appeal. But they could, if they wanted to. I'm sure that Councillor Cutress will be trying to push them in that direction.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
All I'm going to say is that - right now - it doesn't help the cause for Melanie Cutress to be complaining to everyone that she and her parish council are the victims of a hate campaign. That wins her sympathy in quarters that still have the power to make things very difficult for us.

I don't think that the LibDems on LDC will reverse their decision not to appeal. But they could, if they wanted to. I'm sure that Councillor Cutress will be trying to push them in that direction.

so you think that there's a chance that LDC could change their view of a legal objection if they think that FPC are being bullied? I can't see that, the point of law isn't going to change, neither is their legal advice.....

scooter1

How soon is now?
Until the 6 week window of opportunity has passed I think we just have to sit tight. LDC have said that they won't appeal, but these people are after all politicians, and they are all famous for lying or changing their minds at the drop of a hat. FPC will seek any help they possibly can to make the whole Falmer process as tough as possible, and Lord Bracknell is right, and any sympathy they can glean from being the victims of some sort of shit slinging campaign they will use to the best of their abilities. When they do appeal, that'll be the time take action but at the moment, despite the fact that its tough, all we can do is sit and wait..... and call them c u n t s on here!!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

"Victims of a hate campagin?" WE'RE the victims of a hate campaign! I would say the level of oppositon on here and elsewhere to FPC's delaying tactics is adequate proof that they are just allowing their hatred and spite to show them up as the petty-minded snobs we know them to be.

In some ways I want LDC to reverse their decision and for them and FPC to appeal. Yes it will delay us but the absurdity of their position will help to force through changes in the planning law (already being mooted) to 'presume in favor of development'. The bigger picture here is that their action will actually precipitate what they claim to be opposed to, i.e. easier development in protected areas.

FPC and LDC are lying scum and always have been. Look at the current LDC press release.

"Victims of a hate campagin?" WE'RE the victims of a hate campaign!

There is no doubt about that!

We don't have long to wait now-if they decide to go ahead with an appeal then it's time to stop being the nice guys in this campaign. They need to be seen for what they are: anti-football thugs and bullies.

Personally, I am sick and tired of Melanie Cuntrest, DeVagi, Neighbour, Norman (I only lie when I speak) Baker and all of the other lying toe-rags. There is nothing democratic in what they have been and are doing. They are taking the piss big time.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Personally, if you try and hold up something this long that has the clear will of the vast majority of people behind it, not to mention the government (twice) and you still pursue some petty, small-minded vendetta to stop it then you deserve almost everything you get, bar actual violence. Enough is enough with this harpie.

If direct action involved picketing/distributing leaflets outside Forfars branches pointing the finger at Cuttress and highlighting her involvement and pathetic stance, I'd be only too happy to volunteer for leaflet duty. And we could all pop in for a doughnut if we got hungry...err....sorry, I mean down the road to Tescos for a sandwich.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Just sit tight, let all the FPC animosity flow over you safe in the knowledge that there is absolutely no legal case for appeal and if they do appeal, they'll only be hurting themselves financially.

That should be plenty enough satisfaction right there.

:)

Just sit tight, let all the FPC animosity flow over you safe in the knowledge that there is absolutely no legal case for appeal and if they do appeal, they'll only be hurting themselves financially.

That should be plenty enough satisfaction right there.

:)

They'll also be hurting the club financially-which has been their plan all along and hell, haven't we seen what that's been doing to us lately?

Even if there is no legal case, we know how vindictive the three witches are and I wouldn't be surprised to see them appeal-just because they've entrenched themselves so deep in their anti-football campaign of lies and hate....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here