Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it time to take direct action against Fofars

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Can I just stand up for the staff at Forfar's? This FPC business is nothing to do with them and they have no influence over Melanie Cuttress. They're just ordinary people trying their best to get through the day.
I know you mean well, but the above method won't hurt anyone but the overworked, underpaid staff, most of whom are nice people.
Boycott, picket, inform other shoppers or stand outside with a banner, but please don't do the above. Try and imagine a similar scenario in your own job. It's just not right.

"overworked, underpaid staff".........we,ll be doing them a favour then won,t we..?

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
A Forfars cream cake gave me the shits once.

Maybe I should sue and eat into their finances.

You should have sent it back.

Not the cake, obviously.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I LIKE Forfars, and i shall continue to shop in my local Forfars because like people have already said, my 79p sausage roll will not make any diffrence to Albion!

Can we please just seperate Cuttress and her antics at FPC from the running of Forfars.

What she and the other FP councillors are doing is within the law and whatever we may think about their tactics they are democratically elected representative of the people.

By all mean stop buying Forfars product but there is no need to antagonise anyone unnecessarily at this moment.

FPC can only string this out for few more weeks (jeez, we've waited over ten years so it can't make a huge difference!).

unnameable

Feb 25, 2004
Oxford/Lancing
It's all right FPC and their allies enjoying their fifteen minutes of fame. But how stupid and undignified will they look when they announce, as they will, that they will not be appealing? And how much more riotous will our celebrations be?

Can we please just seperate Cuttress and her antics at FPC from the running of Forfars.

What she and the other FP councillors are doing is within the law and whatever we may think about their tactics they are democratically elected representative of the people.

By all mean stop buying Forfars product but there is no need to antagonise anyone unnecessarily at this moment.

FPC can only string this out for few more weeks (jeez, we've waited over ten years so it can't make a huge difference!).

Who is antagonizing anyone unnecessarily? I musta missed that.

However, like you suggest, boycotting their shops and products was always an available protest. One I have enacted, and with several others - it must have cost them mucho dineiro!

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
:dunce:

Bolstering the profits of BHA's opponents is not going to make any 'diffrence'??
A strange way of looking at things, imo.

But were not fighting against FORFARS are we? were fighting against FPC which happens to be led by one of the owners of Forfars!

None fo the Forfars money goes to FPC

But were not fighting against FORFARS are we? were fighting against FPC which happens to be led by one of the owners of Forfars!

No it isn't.

Melanie Cutress doesn't own Forfars. The company is owned by a number of members of her husband's family, most of whom don't even live in Falmer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here