Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is it time to cash in on Lewis Dunk?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Zaha may find he's in the same valuation position up the road.

Well, they do have similar goals & assists stats for this season.

I just hope we don’t get ourselves into the mess Palace did when Zaha made a transfer request last year.

Without Zaha, Palace were relegation fodder. I don’t buy into the notion we’d be the same without Dunk.

Let’s hope he doesn’t make that request.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Can we halt this discussion until this crucial point is resolved: why the hell do we need to “cash in”? Are we a Championship club? Are we in administration?

This is a critical point to this question. Because to me the premise is ludicrous. Yes if Dunk fancies a move that’s one thing. But “cash in”? This ain’t FIFA.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Has Dunk ever had a long term injury? I can't recall any and given the way he plays that's quite surprising.

He doesn't really have much pace (and never has) , so given these two variables he has the potential to play in the Premier League for at least the next 6 years. Need to keep him, he's a consistent high performer.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
For me to be even remotely accepting of this, the numbers would have to be huge and the challenge far greater than what he is now getting.

Losing him for 30 mil to Everton for instance would be sickening.

70 mil to Juve....... then maybe.

I think he would have to want to go too.

Although i do concede that my opinion on the matter is probably some distance from any of the relevant party's thoughts.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
If he wanted to go for personal and professional reasons? He'd go with my 100% support and gratitude and nothing but best wishes for all future success.

But manufacture a scenario to actively sell him? I'd need a lot of convincing that that would be the right thing to do. (But, yes. It's not my money in the club, obvs.)

This

Lewis is so important to us that I wouldn't want us to sell him just for the money.

However, if he asked to go to a club where he had the chance to end his career by winning something then it is the least he deserves. He owes us nothing and we, the club and the fans, owe him an awful lot.

I hope he stays but if he wants to move on then I hope we would not stand in his way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here