Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is it time to cash in on Lewis Dunk?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Only if we got a really silly offer in for him would we sell IMO, but ultimately I think he'll stay as surely someone would have come in for him before now.

More than happy if he stays.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
That's a different question to "Is now the right time to cash in?"

If a top 6 club offer £45-50million, I doubt anyone would stand in Dunk's way. He would have deserved the move.

Absolutely this and sadly it would appear if Dunk has any ambition to play for the national side then his future is not here. With the Euros next summer I think he will want to go this year.

But as you say don't begrudge him a move in the slightest.......unless he goes to Palace!

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
There is a case for selling him, magnificent though he is.

It’s probably our last chance to get really big money for him.
We would still have a few decent centre backs. I think Webster would rise to being the leader.
If it was north of £40m, and that money And a bit more would be spent on a forward, I’d be tempted.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I don't think the money we'd get for him would be worth it. Best player, leader, icon of the club, he is currently irreplaceable IMHO. However, he deserves a move if a truly big club comes in for him.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
0B528FE2-96AA-4249-88E4-B9CCF25CE8B1.gif

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Southampton sold VVD and have struggled since, Man City lost Kompany and have struggled to fill the gap no matter how many millions they spend on CB's. Man United have spent £85m to plug their CB issues, Chelsea lost Terry and have been shocking in central defence. Alderwereld showed he wasn't certain to stay at Spurs and Poch changed personel, this cost him his job. Arsenal have struggled to find a decent centre back for years.

Can we afford to lose him with the risk of falling off the cliff? Do we have suitable replacements available?

If a serious offer comes in from a side who won't be battling us for a mid table spot then I imagine PB, DA & GP will discuss the scenario seriously but until then I imagine the public face is he is not for sale

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Because of who he is and what he represents I fear it would be cataclysmic if he left. He is the epitome of the traditional one club player and captain upon whom you can build your squad over his career. A tower of strength who will see us through bad times and the good.
I do agree, however, that staying here has limited his international chances and we should recognise this.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He should thank us for his limited international career, he knows it makes sense, all that build up for every tournament only to fail every sodding time in my lifetime.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Southampton sold VVD and have struggled since, Man City lost Kompany and have struggled to fill the gap no matter how many millions they spend on CB's. Man United have spent £85m to plug their CB issues, Chelsea lost Terry and have been shocking in central defence. Alderwereld showed he wasn't certain to stay at Spurs and Poch changed personel, this cost him his job. Arsenal have struggled to find a decent centre back for years.

Can we afford to lose him with the risk of falling off the cliff? Do we have suitable replacements available?

If a serious offer comes in from a side who won't be battling us for a mid table spot then I imagine PB, DA & GP will discuss the scenario seriously but until then I imagine the public face is he is not for sale

...and the latest reports quoted on BBC Sport "Gossip" suggest that they will be buying Nathan Ake?? A good player, but the solution to the defensive woes of City?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If Dunk finally gets his big money move - I get the feeling that he won't be keen on moving his family, so it's probably only likely to be a London club (but not West Ham or Palace!) if it happens at all - then I'm sure we'd let him go (for a price of course). Then we get to see how good White (or Clarke or Ostigard) really is.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I am going to say yes but with a few caveats.

Fee needs to exemplary - which would be tough in this market.
Player wants to go - I'm sure the clubs who could afford the fee are the clubs he'd want to join.
Fee is reinvested into the team. We are well stocked at centre half but quality is required in other areas especially strikers.

This is realistically Dunk's last chance of a big money move, it would be wrong to deny him it especially when we have so many other good players in that position.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
This obsession with the club getting 'big money' for him... The club doesn't need to sell, it doesn't want to sell, so unless a highly unusual set of circumstances were put in place, he won't go.

Everything else is white noise - for the fifth sodding year running.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
part of me would like to see him at a big club .... for him more than anything. Think that window is this summer or never really.

Rather keep him selfishly though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here