Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it game over regarding the play-offs

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We have lost 2 out of the last 17 league games. I think regardless of whether we make the play off's or not Gus and the team have done fantastically well this season and I am very proud of them.

Humbug

Banned
Dec 30, 2009
We have lost 2 out of the last 17 league games. I think regardless of whether we make the play off's or not Gus and the team have done fantastically well this season and I am very proud of them.

anyone couldn't lose if they had 12 behind the ball.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
anyone couldn't lose if they had 12 behind the ball.

We are in a play off position with 5 games to go. This season is not over by a long shot.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
looking at blackpool's goal difference,looking more and more like west ham in the semis,which i kind of prefer

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It looks like we have to win our final four home games and hope (we are not one point short).

Reading (tricky)
Watford (could be tricky)
Birmingham (easiest)

West Ham (play-offs)

I am tempted if we put the right team out we could win against anybody at home with Vicente. But it is a tall order.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
It looks like we have to win our final four home games and hope.

Reading (tricky)
Watford (could be tricky)
Birmingham (easiest)

West Ham (play-offs)

I am tempted if we put the right team out we could win against anybody at home with Vicente. But it is a tall order.

You mean 3 home games right ?? Were away to West Ham and Barnsley, home to the rest !!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
You mean 3 home games right ?? Were away to West Ham and Barnsley, home to the rest !!

No, I meant West Ham are going to be third and if we make the play-offs we are going to have to beat them! That's if we get enough points from our away games as well: West Ham and Barnsley.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
It's game over when it's mathematically impossible to get into the play-offs, it really is that simple. We're still 6th FFS, this is the kind of question Leeds should be asking themselves.

bigcabboy

Nov 7, 2011
here here
i have never heard so much bollocks in my life, all you lot moaning that we lost today and thats it is all over for the play offs just take a look at back at where we were 15 years ago,no actually 10 years ago, NO actually 5 years ago and then look at where we are now.We have an amazing new stadium which for me after withdean and priestfield still feels like a dream, we have an amazing owner who loves the club just as much as all us fans, we have a brilliant young manager who is only going to get better the more expierience he gets, and a team that is playing the way football should be played. Now i will be the first to admit that maybe some of the players might not be top 6 championship or premier league players but some of them are and some will be with another season or two and im sure Gus will add quality for next season, So lets all just have a think about all that and then whatever else happens this season we can have huge smiles on our faces look forward to next season whatever league we are in just be so happy and proud to be Brighton and Hove Albion supporters.

Decode

Jan 25, 2010
The BBC report says the result keeps Burnley's play-off hopes alive, i dunno what that makes ours then!

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
Yep it's mr POYETS who's negative tactics that has blown it,he needs to work this out as its to easy for the opposition in away games.I just wanted gus to say fu-k it and go for it,but he gets worse.

Get a grip negative tactics from nearly the foot of league 1 to possibly prem
If that's so negative bring it on

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
Look at our form v the teams left to play and it looks game over IMO. Gus is back to tinkering with the side again and on form unless the others slip up we won't get enough points.

Ringmer Richie

Feb 4, 2012
Ringmer
What a miserable bunch of moaners you lot are!

In two short seasons, we've come from the bottom of Division 1 to the Championship play-off pack. Remember what the football was like down there? Who has got us to where we are now? I could understand all the negativity if we were near the bottom. Of course it's disappointing as it looks like we won't make the play-offs, but that's football. I actually look forward to watching the games, now that we try to play the continental way. I leave the ground feeling it's well worth the money, which hasn't been the case for about twenty years or so.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
In two short seasons, we've come from the bottom of Division 1 to the Championship play-off pack. Remember what the football was like down there? Who has got us to where we are now? I could understand all the negativity if we were near the bottom. Of course it's disappointing as it looks like we won't make the play-offs, but that's football. I actually look forward to watching the games, now that we try to play the continental way. I leave the ground feeling it's well worth the money, which hasn't been the case for about twenty years or so.

No one is doubting where we have come from, yes we do play the continental way, but with no end product.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here